Lets Talk: Changes

So, I have just spent a good portion of time scrolling through my own blog and re-reading my own posts and it's actually crazy to me just how much has changed in my life since I began my blog. 

It feels like just a few years ago since I first sat down and typed up my first post and then hit publish into the world. I wasn't even nervous, just excited to carve a little space on the internet just for me. My blog has always really been for me (if anyone reads it then that's just an added bonus really😄) and about documenting any and all of the little thoughts that pop into my head. Whether that's daft things like favourite books or movies or bigger life chats and the sharing of any worries I have or inspiration I want to share. I enjoyed getting creative and taking photos and putting together blog posts on a variety of topics after having being inspired by Zoe Sugg (or Zoella as her blog was known). Over the years, my blog has definitely fallen by the wayside as life and things took over in a number of ways but I actually love that it's still here and that it's still something that I jump back into from time to time. 

When I started this blog back in 2017, I had not long started university and was really not enjoying myself and I found blogging to be a nice way to take my mond off things as well as giving me a space to share how I was feeling if I wanted to. Yet I made it through and saw it to the end, graduating with a first class honours degree in primary teaching. Now I'm a fully qualified teacher and have been teaching for the past five years (!!!!) as an area cover teacher which has allowed me the chance to be a part of a lot of different schools in a lot of different areas. I've met so many people and done things that younger me definitely wouldn't have thought possible if I had told her when we just started on this journey. The past five years in this career have been an absolute roller coaster at times. There have been times where I've had doubts over it all and times where I'm just not enjoying the job. However, even though things can get hard at times, I still aim to find joy in what I do and there have definitely been plenty of good days to balance it all out. I think the most important thing is that I still, overall, enjoy what I do and I like teaching despite that hard times. 

On the general life side of things I've travelled and seen so many new places since starting my blog, been on road trips with friends, inter-railing with my boyfriend, been on a Disneyland girls trip. I've also seen one of my best friends since childhood get married. I've had friends moving out and having their own children and starting their own lives. I bought my own house and got to enjoy decorating it for different seasons and occasions. I saw my brother go through and then graduate university and go on to his own career. As well as making lots of little memories in amongst it all.

I wrote a post in 2023 about growing up and how I felt that I had been left behind in lots of ways and yet just three years later, I have a lot of the things I had been worried about - a house of my own, a lovely boyfriend (who I found on a dating app - something I had said I had been too scared to do!) and I don't feel so left behind from my friends anymore like I used to. In the post, I mentioned how I still had a lot of growing up to do and even now at 27 I still feel the same to be true. I still don't quite always feel like an "adult" despite everything but I think that that's the same for a lot of people. But I have also grown up in a lot of ways since that post too so even though I don't always feel my age or like an "adult" I feel more okay about that than I used to.

It's like that quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off :

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

That definitely feels true now more than ever.

Life does move fast. Next year will be ten years since I started my blog so I'm looking forward to seeing what the next ten years will bring. I hope I'm still popping in on my blog from time to time. I want to continue to share all my little thoughts about anything and everything so that I have this to look back on as the years go on.

This has been a pretty rambly post but I'm not going back and editing it because I like that it's just all my little thoughts spilling out on some of the things I've been thinking and feeling.

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts