Top 5: Comfort Movies

 Ever since I was younger, I've always found that if I was ever feeling stressed or anxious or just having a down day, I could always rely on my favourite movies to help see me through. There's just something so comforting about rewatching certain movies in times where you're just not feeling your best self. I'm always interested to know what other people's comfort movies are so I thought I would share my own here on my blog.



1. A Cinderella Story (2004)
A Cinderella Story has been one of my favourite movies of all time ever since I was younger. I love the early 2000s vibes, the cast, the music, just everything about this movie. I know the whole thing by heart. Whenever I was having a not-so-good day or needed a movie to distract from things, 9 times out of 10 I would choose this movie. It's been my all time favourite movie ever since I was younger. I feel like no matter how many different movies I watch in my life; A Cinderella Story will forever remain a favourite. 

2. She's the Man (2006)
She's the Man is such a feel-good movie and another that I have watched so many times. The very first time I watched this movie, I was about eight years old, and it was past my bedtime, so I was trying not to get caught. I had one of those small, chunky old-fashioned TV (the kind with only five channels) and it had a bit where you could plug in earphones so that was exactly what I did to avoid getting caught😄. I then asked for the movie on DVD for Christmas about a year later and it's been a favourite ever since.

3. Tick, Tick ... BOOM! (2021)
This has only recently become one of my comfort movies after watching it for the first time back in January this year. It's very quickly turned out to be one of my favourite movies. I've seen it so many times this year. It's a movie that I put on in the background or if I'm feeling not so great (despite the fact that it's ending makes me cry whenever I'm properly sitting down to watch it😄). I love the soundtrack and it's also been on repeat pretty much all throughout the year too. I became obsessed! 

4. Pitch Perfect (2012)
One time, on a family holiday, we watched all of the Pitch Perfect films every night for about two weeks, and I never once got fed up with them. The first Pitch perfect movie has a special place in my heart. I love the songs and the mashups (I can no longer hear the songs in the same way because of the movies😄). I love the relationship the cast have with each other because I feel as though that really translates onto the screen giving the friendships a proper realistic feel. Whenever I felt nervous about something coming up in the week, I'd always watch Pitch Perfect the night before😄

5. The Sound of Music (1965)
I absolutely love The Sound of Music. Everything from the storyline, the cast and the music. I love Julie Andrews and think she is just perfect in the role. My brother and I once watched it on a Guy Fawkes night when we were younger, and it was one of my favourite nights so there's also a sense of nostalgia when watching this movie now. It used to also play at Christmas time - one of my favourite times of the year - which again makes it one of the ultimate comfort movies for me. As it's quite a lengthy movie, it was always a good choice if I needed to take my mind off something. Plus singing along to all the songs is also fun and therapeutic😄


What are some of your comfort movies?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts