Top 5: Favourite Albums of 2022

For some reason, in 2022, I felt as though I hadn't really been keeping up with new music releases as much, like I honestly couldn't tell you any top tracks or artists of the year or know what the most popular songs were😄. However, I know that there has been a lot of great music released throughout 2022 as well as some great albums. I thought that I would share my top 5 most listened to albums as well as my favourite songs from each album. 


Tick, Tick...BOOM! (Soundtrack)
I know this album was actually released in 2021, but I didn't discover the brilliance that is 'Tick, Tick...BOOM!' until January this year. I watched the movie and then became obsessed with the soundtrack. 'Johnny Can't Decide' and '30/90' both made it onto my Spotify wrapped this year as well as Andrew Garfield as an artist. I really love musicals and this one felt like it could become a classic musical in many years time. My top 3 tracks from the album are:
1. Why
2. Johnny Can't Decide
3. Come to Your Senses
 
emails i can't send by Sabrina Carpenter
This has become one of my all time favourite albums. I first listened to it whilst in France during the Summer and was instantly obsessed. There are so many catchy tunes on this album and I love the lyrics. Feeling inspired by her music, I actually found myself wishing that I could write songs to. I'd love to write all my feelings down poetically and turn it into a song😄. I often think that many artists' best work comes from their personal life experiences and that's definitely the case for this album. I honestly love every track and my favourites actually change almost daily but my current top three favourite songs from this album are:
1.  Vicious
2.  Tornado Warnings
3. because i liked a boy 

I Blame the World - Sasha Alex Sloan
Back in October, I saw Sasha Alex Sloan live and it was one of my favourite nights of the year. This year she released her second album 'I Blame the World' which I loved straight away from the first listen. I don't know if it's because of the stage I'm at in life right now, but I found myself really related to a lot of the things she was singing about. Seeing her perform live definitely increased my admiration of her - especially as she still put on an amazing show despite having a throat infection! My top three tracks from this album are:
1. Adult
2. Global Warming
3. Thank You

The Hardest Part by Noah Cyrus 
 Noah Cyrus is such an underrated musician/artist/songwriter. Her music, and in my opinion especially her more recent music, is so beautiful to listen to. She is another artist who uses her personal life experience and turns them into a song. I love the country music undertones her songs have. I think Noah is a very talented lyricist and the album is very comforting to listen to. There is so much feeling infused in each song which is maybe what makes it so easy to connect to the album as a whole. The vocals are amazing and the instrumentals are lovely.  My top three tracks from this album are:
1. Ready to Go
2. Every Beginning Ends (feat. Benjamin Gibbard)
3. I Burned LA Down 

Midnights by Taylor Swift 
I always look forward to releases by Taylor Swift. I'm always looking forward to her re-released albums (I really hope 'Speak Now' will be next!) but I also love when she releases new music too. I was so excited about the release of Midnights and the album did not disappoint. I was actually in awe that this was her 10th studio album! I really love Taylor's songwriting; she really is very talented. My top three tracks from this album are:
1. You're On Your Own Kid
2. Maroon
3. Anti-Hero


What were your favourite albums that you listened to this year?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts