Sabrina Carpenter Concert

On the 13th of June, I went to see one of my favourite artists live at Barrowlands Ballroom in Glasgow. It was a 21st birthday gift to my brother - which was actually a selfish gift as it was as much for myself as it was for my brother😄  

Ever since becoming obsessed with the album 'emails i can't send' last July, I had always said that if Sabrina Carpenter ever did a tour and it was close by enough, I'd definitely want to go and see her. So when I found out that there was going to be a European leg of her tour, I immediately signed up for tickets.

Sabrina Carpenter is an American singer and actress. She has been in a number of Disney channel shows including Girl Meets World as well as a number of movies. She launched her music career in 2014 with her debut EP Can't Blame a Girl for Trying.

When the emails i can't send album first came out last year, I had been in France at the time and it became my album of the holiday that year. When I was listening to the album, i imagined in my head what it would be like to see and hear the songs being performed live and so I was so excited to be getting the chance - almost a full year later - to actually see it all in person.

Almost as soon as I finished work on the 13th, I headed straight home, got ready then got on a train to Glasgow with my brother. We stopped at Burger King for a quick dinner then headed straight over to Barrowlands Ballroom.

Something that I hadn't quite been expecting was how long the queue was! We arrived just before 6 and the doors opened at 7. I think I had underestimated just how popular she was here in Scotland - although the fact that she'd actually had to move to a bigger venue should have given me a clue! Initially she was set to perform at SWG3 and I had been lucky enough to get tickets at that point which was just as well because they had sold out so quickly! Then a couple of days later, it was announced that due to the high demand the show would be moving to the Barrowlands Ballroom which could hold more people.

The queue was fine though and time passed fairly quickly. It was a very hot and sunny day which on the one hand was a good thing because it meant we didn't have to queue in the rain but it was so so hot! Despite how busy it was, we still managed to get a fairly good standing spot once we got inside. As it was so hot, the venue staff kept handing out free bottles and cups of water which was really appreciated. 

The support act - Annika Bennett - was also really good and then it was finally time for the main event. Sabrina came out playing emails i can't send and from there I knew it was going to be a great show.

She played all of the songs on her album plus a few other songs of hers as well as Britney Spears' 'Baby One More Time'. In between songs, she spoke to the audience, shared some jokes and even chatted with a few people in the audience. She ended the show with 'nonsense' - it was so cool actually being there for one of her new show intros - and 'because i liked a boy' which was also amazing to see and hear live.

Overall, it was a brilliant night and I'm so glad I got to see Sabrina Carpenter live! I find it quite strange seeing people that you see on TV live but it's always such a cool experience. Definitely one of my favourite concerts.

Bye for now, xo




Comments

Popular Posts