What's in My Travel Bag 2022

 Back in 2019, I wrote a post about what I was taking in my travel bag to France. That year I was going for a whole month so I had a bigger bag to fit a lot of things. This year, I went to France for just over two weeks, so I opted to take a smaller bag with less things just to make things easier - and to stop myself from over packing and taking way too much stuff that I wouldn't actually need. Here was what I had this time round:

The bag I was using for this years trip was one I ordered from Amazon from the Seventeen London company. I got the mini backpack in the colours pink and grey. I'd actually seen the larger version of this bag advertised on Instagram and was delighted to find the mini versions as it was a smaller backpack I had been hoping to get for the trip. There are plenty of pockets and places to put different items which makes it a perfect, small travel bag.

iPad  
As I was going to need to spend 8+ hours in a car just to get to the ferry port, I downloaded some movies onto my iPad to keep me amused. I'm not a very good long-distance traveller at times as I tend to feel car sick but I've found having movies to watch provides a great distraction from the moving vehicle aspect of the journey.

iPod
Another thing I've found that helps my feelings of sickness in a car is having music playing straight into my ears so I always take my iPod as it has a large selection of music on their. I also used Spotify on my phone this year too (as the iPods getting a little old and can't hold charge too well anymore😄)

Kobo
I love my kobo. As someone who loves to read, especially on holiday, I've found the Kobo to be such a handy device as it has tons of books on it so I don't need to carry a bunch of physical books that would take up all my bag space. Plus I don't need to worry about choosing which books to take before leaving as I have a great selection on the Kobo to fit any sort of reading mood.

Nintendo DS
Something I've taken with me on every holiday since I was little has been my trusty Nintendo DS. I had intended to bring it to play games with my brother while on the ferry but we actually didn't end up doing that. I think I played it once when in France on a rainy day where we weren't doing anything. I think it's something that I'll always take on holiday regardless of whether it gets used or not.

Mini Puzzle Book
I've recently got into puzzles so a little puzzle book was another thing I thought I could do to kills some time at any point. I love trying to solve the Sudokus and they're usually the only puzzles I actually end up finished😄

Travel Diary
Every year that I've been on a holiday since 2009, I've written down what happened on each day of the holiday as a way to remember it in the future. I put it in my travel bag incase I wanted to make any notes while on the journey.

And of course I packed in some essential things like charging cables, tissues, hand sanitiser, face masks, sunglasses and normal seeing glasses - just in case.


What are your travel bag essentials?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts