TV Favourites in the First Half of 2023

 It's been so long since I wrote a blog post on the shows I had been watching and loving and as it has been a particularly rainy start to my summer holiday, I've had plenty of time to just sit inside and stick something on to watch. I thought I'd share my current favourites that I've been loving since the start of the year.



Wednesday (Netflix)
"While attending Nevermore Academy, Wednesday Addams attempts to master her emerging psychic ability, prevent a killing spree and solve the mystery that affected her parents 25 years ago."
I was very late in watching Wednesday and I had worried that it wasn't going to live up to the hype that had been created around it. There had been a number of times where children I was teaching would mention something about the show and I would very quickly ask them to not say any more as I didn't want it spoiled for me😄. I loved the show pretty much instantly from the first episode. Everything from the cast, the costumes, the set and the storyline - I loved. It was very gothic and I want to rewatch it in the Autumn time as it is very much an Autumn-feeling type show. I'm looking forward to the second season.


Daisy Jones & The Six (Amazon Prime)
"In 1977, Daisy Jones & The Six were on top of the world; the band had risen from obscurity to fame, and then, after a sold-out show in Chicago, they called it quits; now, decades later, the band members agree to reveal the truth."
I read 'Daisy Jones and the Six' by Taylor Jenkins Reid not too long before giving the show a watch. I'm always a little wary of TV/film adaptions of books I love as I have a a specific way for how the story all looked in my head when I was reading the book and I'm never sure if the TV adaptions will live up to my high expectations. However, I need't have worried as the show adaption was so good! Again, the casting was perfect I felt - especially Riley Keough as Daisy Jones - and the songs were a whole other level to themselves! (If Honeycomb (Look at Us Now) is not near the top of my Spotify wrapped this year I will be extremely surprised and a little disappointed😄). The whole storyline really appeals to me and I feel I enjoyed it even more so as I'm a big fan of music from the actual time period this show is set.


Only Murders in the Building (Disney+)
"Three strangers bonded by their love of true crime podcasts record their own to accompany their investigations of murders in their building on the Upper West Side of New York."
I've not long started watching this show and I'm already hooked. I'm loving watching a show that Selena Gomez is apart of and I think her, Steve Martin and Martin Short work really well together. I'm excited to see how this show is going to play out.


You (Netflix)
"A dangerously charming, intensely obsessive young man goes to extreme measures to insert himself into the lives of those he is transfixed by."
I've been watching 'You' since it first arrived on Netflix but I hadn't quite gotten around to watching the latest series. Since I finally had some time now, I blasted my way through half of season 4 and am now on my way to finishing the rest. There's just something so addicting about the show, after an episode finishes, I always want to know what's going to happen next.

What shows have you been loving so far this year?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts