A Day in Glasgow & Mini Shopping Haul

I recently travelled into Glasgow with my brother as I had the day off work and he had a two hour uni workshop. This was the perfect combination of events for taking a little trip into the town centre - my brother could attend his workshop and I could have some time to wander around Glasgow on my own. Almost a year ago, I wrote a blog post about spending time alone in Glasgow  and how this was a pretty big deal to me at the time. This time round, overall, I felt more confident. I don't really know what had changed other than further time and experiences have gone by since my last trip, all I knew was that I was actually really looking forward to wandering around some shops and spending some time alone in a bigger city.


My brother and I got the 9.30am train which got us in for about 10.15 and from the station, I decided to walk up to the uni with my brother as his workshop didn't start until 11 and I wanted to buy a Strathclyde University keep-cup (for old times sakes) from the uni library. It felt a little weird being inside the actual library again for the first time in about three years! 

After waving goodbye to my brother, I began my little adventure. My first stop was Starbucks. This time round I wanted to head to Starbucks first, while it was still fairly quiet, to have a coffee and mentally ready myself for the day. I ordered the pumpkin cream cold brew as we're now heading into Autumn time, along with a chocolate chip shortbread biscuit. I also bought a bag of the Autumn blend coffee to try at home - which I only really bought because I initially stood in the wrong queue at Starbucks and tried to make myself feel less awkward about it😄. I really enjoyed the pumpkin cream cold brew, I wasn't too sure how it was going to be at first. I spent about 25minutes in Starbucks, sipping my drink and eating my biscuit while scrolling through my phone and making a little plan for my day.



After Starbucks, it was time to properly start my day! As I mostly just went into a bunch of different shops, I thought I would do a mini haul here on my blog. I used to really enjoy reading other peoples hauls of their blogs 


First stop was Flying Tiger in Buchanan Galleries. This has become one of my favourite shops. It sells a variety of different items from stationary, to kitchen supplies, party supplies, toys, games, really just a whole lot of different things! I'm a huge stationary lover so I got myself some cute sticky notes as well as a to-do checklist. Also (not pictured) a new organiser diary which I've given my mum to give me for Christmas😄.
Flying Tiger

Next, I went to Typo which is another shop I love! There's always good music playing in store and it wasn't too busy when I went in which meant I could take my time looking around at everything. I ended up only purchasing one thing which was this cute 'Oops A Daisy' book which I plan on using for work as it has a to-do list inside as well as a little folder pouch which could come in useful.
Typo

I then went to H&M with the intention of buying some new work tops, however I couldn't actually find anything that I liked for work (that wasn't too expensive) but I did see a two-tiered makeup bag which I might use for makeup or I might use to hold stationary or things for work. I just thought it might come in quite handy at some point for something😄
H&M

One of my last stops of the day - before meeting back up with my brother for lunch - was Urban Outfitters. This is a shop that I love going in to look around but rarely ever buy anything because it's quite pricey but I was drawn in by the 50% off sale signs😄. I bought 'The Happiness Journal' which is a journal that gives you prompts to write about/reflect on as well as quotes and tips for happiness. I love things like this!
Urban Outfitters

By this point it was just after 1pm, my brothers workshop had finished and we headed to Di Maggios for some pizza and pasta for lunch. We went to the one in the St Enoch Centre so that we could still go around some shops. To end off the day, we went to HI TEA for some bubble teas. I got a chocolate milk tea with strawberry popping balls which tasted like a chocolate milkshake. Overall, it was a very successful day. I had a nice time by myself and overall felt fairly comfortable about it all.

HI TEA

Where do you like to go for shopping trips?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts