A Halloween To-Do List

October has gone by so quickly and with there being a week left until Halloween, I thought I'd create a to-do list of possible Halloween-related activities since I love finding themed-things to do at particular times of the year.

  • Carve pumpkins with family/friends/significant others or whoever else. I love carving pumpkins with my brother while watching Hocus Pocus. It always puts me right into the Halloween spirit. You could always turn things into a friendly competition (I never do because I know I'd never win it๐Ÿ˜„) but it could be a way to make things interesting.
  • Roast the pumpkin seeds. I roasted pumpkin seeds for the first time las year using this recipe from Joy Food Sunshine. It's cinnamon sugar and it makes for the perfect Halloween treat. You could also find a recipe for savoury seeds if you'd prefer.

  • Have a Halloween movie night. You could go for the horror route and choose a bunch of scary movies to watch (my favourites are 'The Conjuring' and 'Hereditary'). Or you could go down the more family-friendly movies like 'Hocus Pocus', 'Casper', 'The Addams Family', 'Hubie Halloween.' Whatever you're in the mood for.

  • Do some Halloween baking or snack making. I have a Pinterest board with so many Halloween-themed food ideas that I'd really love to try out. I baked Halloween cookies with my brother (kind of cheated though as all the ingredients were in a bottle and all we had to do was add butter and mix - but they still tasted good๐Ÿ˜„)

  • Put up some Autumn/Halloween decorations. I feel that decorating for Halloween isn't really that big a thing here in the UK (at least where I live) but I always make sure to decorate my room. I think that whenever I get my own home I'll decorate it for Halloween - I'll be using any excuse to put up decorations throughout the year๐Ÿ˜„

  • Make Halloween-themed cocktails/mocktails.  I love having cocktail nights with friends so having a spooky, Halloween theme for them could be fun. There's some pretty cool ideas over on the delish website.

  • Curl up with a horror book. Sometimes I think Horror books can be scarier than watching a horror film because everything is left up to your own imagination from the descriptions. I love getting comfy and cosy with a book during the dark evenings of this time of year.

  • Halloween crafts. I love crafting and making things (even though I'm really not the best at it - but it's the enthusiasm and determination that counts right?๐Ÿ˜„). You can get Halloween craft kits in a variety of shops or Pinterest is always full of ideas of things to make using items you may have at home.


What are some things you like doing for Halloween?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts