Top 5: Songs From 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)

 Taylor Swift's first whole re-recorded album was released last week - 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)' and I was honestly so beyond excited for it!

I've been a string Taylor Swift fan ever since I was around 8-years-old and Fearless has been one of my favourite albums of all time ever since I was younger. I used to fall asleep listening to the CD every night and even now if I have those nights where I'm really struggling to get to sleep, I'll put on the album and be instantly soothed. To have a whole new version of the album recorded by Taylor now was something I had really been looking forward to. Her reason for having to rerecord in the first place is so rubbish (she was the one who wrote and sang her songs, surely she should have all the rights to them??? Apparently that's not how it works in the music industry!) But anyway, I think the rerecords may be a blessing in disguise as it's bringing her older songs to a whole new generation of fans and putting all these songs back into the charts again. It feels like 2008 all over again! 

For todays blog post, I thought I'd share my top 5 favourite songs from the album (in no particular order).

 
 
1. Fearless 
This is such a perfect first track to the album. It's a song I used to think of in my head whenever I felt nervous about something. That's something I love about music - an artist could have an intended meaning behind the songs they create but we listeners can create our own meaning from the lyrics and for me I used the lyrics to try and help myself to feel fearless. I love that now that Taylor has created the re-released version of this song, whenever I listen to it now it'll be like I'm once again being reminded to stay fearless even now as I get older.
 
2. Love Story
'Love Story' is arguably one of Taylor's most popular songs and it was the first song I had ever heard of her's. I remember watching the music video and thinking the whole thing - the song itself plus the visuals - were so stunning, and like a mini movie. My primary school best friend and I used to love to pretend to make music videos and we would act out this song and make up little dances and storylines of our own. This song just holds so many happy childhood memories and listening to the re-release was like hearing a song sung by an old friend. 

3. Breathe
This song helped me through one of the tougher times of my teenage life. I had recently gone through quite a rough friendship breakup with my high school best friend at the time and, as usual, turned to music to see me though. The lyrics of this song related exactly to how I was feeling at the time - I knew that the friendship ending was the best thing for me but that didn't stop it from being a painful experience. A few years later, I discovered that Taylor had actually written this song about the breakdown of a friendship which I thought was pretty cool considering how much I had related to it. Listening to it again now, in the re-release and hearing it in Taylor's more matured voice made me reflect on the past and be grateful for all the past experience taught me.

4. White Horse
 White Horse is one of my top favourite Taylor Swift songs overall. I love the lyrics - despite the fact that my younger teenage self had no first-hand experience with heartbreak, I still liked to sing the song as though I could relate. I love Taylor's ability to tell storied through her songs and White Horse definitely tells a story.


5. Mr. Perfectly Fine 
One of the brilliant things about Taylor re-recording and releasing her older music is that as well as hearing her sing all these songs again, she has also released previously unreleased music from her vault which I have been loving! They bring back such a nostalgic sound despite having never been heard until now. Mr. Perfectly Fine is such a fun song to dance around to.

What did you think of 'Fearless (Taylor's Version)'?

Bye for now, xo


Comments

Popular Posts