Movies Watched in February 2021

 Back again with another blog post on the movies I've been watching😄 

I know that February is a shorter month than January, but even still, I didn't watch quite as many movies as I did last month. I think I actually watched more tv shows than movies, but I've still watched enough to write about (of course😄)

Here are the movies I watched this month and my top five favourites:


  • The Notebook (2004)
  • Sherlock Holmes (2009)
  • Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)
  • The Last Song (2010)
  • The Edge of Seventeen (2016)
  • The Martian (2015)
  • Les Miserables (2012)
  • Letters to Juliet (2010)
  • Star Wars: The Phantom Menace (1999)
  • Star Wars: Attack of the Clones (2002)
  • Star Wars; Revenge of the Sith (2005)
  • Chemical Hearts (2020)
  • Because of Winn Dixie (2005)
  • Brahms: The Boy 2 (2020)
  • To All The Boys: Always and Forever (2021)
  • Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
  • My Mum Tracy Beaker (2021)
  • Star Wars: Empire Strikes Back (1980)
  • Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi (1983)
  • Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015)
  • Ratatouille (2007)
  • Star Wars: The Last Jedi (2017)
  • Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
  • Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)

The Notebook (2004)
"A poor but passionate young man falls in love with a rich young woman, giving her a sense of freedom, but they are soon separated because of their social differences."
On the very first day of this month, I woke up at 5 in the morning and couldn't get back to sleep so I eventually just gave up trying and decided to watch a movie. I had never seen 'The Notebook' until that day but it had been on my Netflix watchlist for a while. I think I'd always put off watching it because I thought it was going to be something that had been over-hyped and so was actually quite surprised by how much I enjoyed it!


The Last Song (2010)
"A rebellious girl is sent to a beach town for the summer to stay with her father. Through their mutual love of music, the estranged duo learn to reconnect."
Just like 'The Notebook', 'The Last Song' is also based off of a novel written by Nicholas Sparks (something I just noticed there😄). Despite the fact that this movie turns me into a crying mess by the end, I still love it. I also really like two of the songs from the soundtrack - I Hope You Find it and When I look at You - both by Miley Cyrus.


Les Miserablés (2012)
"In 19th-century France, Jean Valjean, who for decades has been hunted by the ruthless policeman Javert after breaking parole, agrees to care for a factory worker's daughter. The decision changes their lives forever."
It would appear that February was a month where my favourite movies were also the ones that made me cry by the end as the movies I've written about so far left me with tears😄. I had never seen 'Les Miserablés' before until this month - despite many people recommending it and emphasising how brilliant it is - I think I was, again, worried that it has been over-hyped and, as much as I absolutely love musicals, I had been a little unsure on the fact that almost the entire movie is told through song with very little speaking dialogue. However, I really should have been much more open to it sooner because I absolutely loved this movie. Not only was it one of my favourite movies from this month, but it has also become one of my favourite musicals. i thought it was so brilliantly done and the cast was perfect for the roles they played. I watched the behind the scenes of how the movie was made and found it all so fascinating and it really just added further to the whole movie. After watching this movie, I became obsessed with the soundtrack and have been non-stop singing parts of the songs (mostly in Russell Crowe's Javert voice - much to the annoyance of my family😄). One Thursday morning, at 6.10am on the SkyArts channel, they were showing the 25th Anniversary concert and so of course I just had to watch it (unfortunately I kept falling asleep on and off throughout it, but the parts I did see were brilliant!


Star Wars: A New Hope (1977)
"Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a Wookiee and two droids to save the galaxy from the Empire's world-destroying battle station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the mysterious Darth Vader."
Until this month, I had never properly sat down to watch any of the Star Wars' movies. My family and I have been making our way through the movies in chronological order and the more movies I watch, the more I've gotten into the storyline and all the space battles and the variety of characters that have popped up throughout. Star Wars was never something I had though I would enjoy as I had seen parts here and there whenever it came on TV and wasn't too fussed about it. However, properly watching it all from the very beginning is a whole other experience and I can now see why it has gained such a huge fanbase and become the huge franchise it has. 


Ratatouille (2007)
"Remy, a resident of Paris, appreciates good food and has quite a sophisticated palate. He would love to become a chef so he can create and enjoy culinary masterpieces to his heart's delight. The only problem is, Remy is a rat. When he winds up in the sewer beneath one of Paris' finest restaurants, the rodent gourmet finds himself ideally placed to realise his dream."
I hadn't watched Ratatouille in a number of years and so when my brother suggested we watch it again, I was looking forward to it. I had forgotten just how much I loved this Pixar animated movie! Such a fun, lighthearted watch.

What movies have you been loving this month?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts