2020...What a Year!

And just like that, one of the strangest and most different years of my life — and I’m sure the same can be said for many others — is over. 2020 almost feels like it didn’t even really happen. It also felt like it was one of the quickest yet longest years ever. I feel like I’ve simultaneously missed out on so much yet also had the opportunity to experience things I otherwise wouldn’t have had everything gone as originally expected.

I definitely personally have some mixed feelings about 2020 but as we’re now heading into a new year, I thought I’d share some highlights and things I’ve taken from this past year. 


Some highlights

  1. Going on long bike rides with the family on beautiful summer days around areas near to where I’ve lived my whole life but had never actually explored. 
  2. Cherishing any time being able to spend with friends - going for picnics, hill climbing, socially distanced walks, going for dinner whenever we were able to, random road trips. 
  3. Getting back into old hobbies (playing guitar) and getting the chance to properly work on newer ones (photography). 
  4. My 21st Birthday - usually I’m not too fussed about my birthday but this year was made extra special by surprise visits from friends and ordering delicious food to eat with the family. 
  5. Snowy winter walks - at the end of December there was snow and sunny days, perfect for walking and getting some good photos. 


Some things I’ve taken from this year

  1. Finding happiness in the smaller things - hot chocolates, reading outside in the sunshine, watching TV with my guinea pig. 
  2. You don’t need to be productive all the time, it’s not lazy to want to spend the day doing nothing other than anything that brings you joy.
  3. It’s perfectly okay to feel sad, frustrated, lonely - you don’t need to try and be positive all the time, allow yourself to feel the heavier emotions too.
  4. Spend more time in the present rather than constantly thinking/ spending time worrying towards the future. 
  5.  Create your own little things to look forward to - you don't have to only be excited for bigger events, something as simple as planning to watch your favourite movie at night can still bring a sense of excitement.

Some things I'm proud of
  1. Passing third year of university despite not being able to do some of the things I would have gotten the chance to otherwise.
  2. Driving to places I had built up drivers-anxiety about and taking a spur-of-the-moment mini road trip.
  3. Starting up a photography instagram account despite feeling really nervous to do so.

I wish nothing but the best for you all in 2021!

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts