Decorating For Christmas

 I've written two blog posts (back in 2017 and 2018) sharing my decorating/decorations and while many of my decorations have remained the same throughout the years, I thought it could be fun to give a little update for 2020.

Decorating is one of my favourite things about Christmas. I just love all the lights and sparkles and remembering all of the little random objects that have been collected over the years and all of the memories associated with them all. I love going all out with decorating at Christmas and am looking forward to the day where I have my own house because you best believe I'll be going over the top with lights and putting Christmas trees everywhere! For now though, I've done up my room as much as possible and also helped to (and by "helped" I mean "watched my dad") put up lights outside in the back garden for the first time.

I actually put up all my decorations round about mid-November (it's been A YEAR and i was in definite need of some Christmas-ness to cheer me up😄). Here's how I've decorated for Christmas this year.


I started off by decorating my bedroom with all its usual bits and bobs. It's amazing how the majority of my decorations are ones that I have had ever since I was younger yet I'm still surprised by how many of the things I had forgotten about. I feel like I've collected so many random little things as the years have gone by which I absolutely love. Before starting the decorating process, i had told myself that this year I was going to mix things up and change how I decorated however, this didn't actually turn out to be the case😄 There are a few slight differences here and there - like the fact that I put things on my bookcase this year which I hadn't done before - but other than that, most of it remained the same. "Don't fix what's not broken" and all that😄

I have so many random baubles that I've collected or made over the years and so the little Christmas tree in my room is covered in all of these mismatched baubles which I love. I can look at different baubles and it brings back different Christmas memories.


This year, for my little tree, I purchased new lights which I had been really hesitant to do because I loved the lights that were on my tree as they were in the older-fashioned style rather than the new LED style. But the lights had become so worn that the colours had become pale and so many of the bulbs were out. BUT, my dad managed to find lights of the older style being sold on amazon (so of course I bought a couple of boxes) and now my little trees lights are so vibrant and in the style I love! My little Christmas tree was actually my dads when he was little and it's now been my tree for as long as I can remember.

In my room, I always like to make a little "Christmas display" on top of my clothes drawers. This is where I put most of my snowglobes and other little decorations that make it look so festive. I love to collect snowglobes - if you've ever seen The Santa Clause 3, where he has a full hall of snowglobes, that's what I'm aiming for in the future😄.

It's usually much cluttered than it is this year, but I decided to spread some of my decorations out throughout my room rather than keeping them all to the one  area so I decorated my bookcase. It's not the most convenient whenever I'm trying to get a book out, but I can make it work for the month😄.

I've got a few Christmassy glasses and a jar in the shape of a reindeer which I thought was pretty cute. The flower lights are hung all year round but I love the way it makes the tinsel shimmer at night.
This little train of snowglobes is one of my favourite decorations. I think it's just so cute and such a creative little idea for the snowglobes. When all my decorations get put back up into the loft at the end of the festive period, I always keep my snowglobes down because I'm too paranoid about something happening - like a change in temperature or something up in the loft that ends up cracking them all (I'm not too sure how likely that is, but to be on the safe side, they just stay yucked away safely in my cupboard😄). 

My brother helped me to string lights around my room/around my window and I love how festive and cosy my room feels.

This year has also been the first year where we've put lights up outside in the back garden and all around our deckling looks like a cute little winter wonderland. It also snowed recently (although it's almost all completely washed away by the rain now😄) but it was really pretty while it lasted and it made outdoors look so Christmassy.
I just think it looks so cute and festive and I love it! It makes waking up early on those dark mornings that little bit better knowing that I can eat breakfast and look out at all of the lights.


I just love this time of year and seeing all of the decorations and lights other people put up.

Have you decorated yet?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts