This or That - Autumn Edition

Today is officially the first day of Autumn which means we’re finally heading into my favourite time of year! Due to everything that has gone on this year, it felt as though Summer had lasted for so long  - a lot longer than previous years. However, I also actually can’t quite believe that we’re now coming to the end of September and that it’ll be October next Thursday! 


Anyway, there I go looking too far into the future againπŸ˜„ For now, it’s the first day of Autumn and I’m so happy about it! Leaves are already starting to turn orange and fall off the trees and it’s definitely a littler colder today than it was yesterday. So, as it’s the official first day of Autumn, I thought I’d kick of them autumnal blog posts with a “this or that” type quiz that I accidentally stumbled upon on WeHeartIt a short while ago. 



‘Trick-or-Treating’ or ‘Scary Movie Marathon?’

As I’m most definitely way past the age of trick-or-treating and all my youngest family members have also outgrown this halloween tradition so it’s not socially acceptable to go out anymore, I’m going to have to go with a scary movie marathonπŸ˜„ I actually really enjoy scary movies. My brother and I have recently designated Thursday nights as horror movie nights which I’ve been loving. So far, out of all the movies we’ve watched, the only one that actually gave me a fright as I was watching it was ‘Insidious Chapter 3’ so if you’ve got any scary movie recommendations, please send them my way.  



'Sunny and Cold Days' or 'Rainy Days'

I've actually been loving the darker, rainy days - there's just something so cosy about them and the make the perfect days to curl up with a book or watch tons of movies or Netflix shows. However, my absolute favourite autumnal day has always been the sunny and cold ones. I love going for walks in the woodland areas near my home, especially when the leaves are changing colour and there's a hint of frost on the ground.



‘Pumpkin Carving’ or ‘Apple Picking’

I’ve never been to an actual place where you can go and pick apples, although it does seem like a pretty nice thing to do. But I’d rather carve pumpkins. I really enjoy the whole pumpkin carving process - even the scooping out of the slimy innardsπŸ˜„ I can only really do one style of face on the pumpkin but I have a good time doing it nonetheless. 



‘Fairy Lights’ or ‘Candles’

I love candles - especially the scented ones that come out at this time of year, but overall I prefer fairy lights (although maybe that’s actually more a winter preference than an autumn one?) I think I’m still going to go with fairy lights though. There’s just something so cosy and comforting about them, especially at this time of year on those darker, rainy days. 



‘Haunted House’ or ‘Corn Maze’

I’ve actually never done either of those. However, I think if I was deciding what to do out of those two, I’d probably lean more towards a corn maze. As much as I love horror films, I don’t really much fancy the idea of living oneπŸ˜„ Although my sense of direction is actually terrible so I’d probably never find my way out of a corn mazeπŸ˜„



‘Black Cats’ or ‘Owls’

Unfortunately I’m allergic to cats, so owls technically wins this one by defaultπŸ˜„



‘Hocus Pocus’ or ‘Halloweentown’

If you’ve read my blog posts in years gone by then I’m sure you already know the answer to this one. No hesitation, it’s Hocus Pocus for me! It’s my favourite Halloween themed movie and it gives me all the Autumnal feels!



‘Pumpkin Pie’ or ‘Apple Pie’

I’ve never had pumpkin pie before and I really like apple pie so that’s what I’d pick. However, I’d really like to try a proper pumpkin pie one day - does it taste like pumpkin spice or more like actual pumpkin?



‘Books’ or ‘Movies’

This is probably the most difficult one to pick between on this list! I’m such a huge book and movie lover. At Autumn time you’ve got all the classic spooky/scary movies. But it’s also a perfect time to unwind and curl up on the couch with a good book. I’m going to have to cheat a little on this one and say both because every time I think I’ve picked one, I just want to pick the otherπŸ˜„. 



‘Coffee’ or ‘Hot Chocolate’

I've actually really grown to love coffee, especially more so within this past year. However, when  it comes down to at, at this time of year, I'll always choose a hot chocolate.



This was just a quick little fun post in honour of the first day of Autumn!

Hope you're all doing well.


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts