Movies I've Watched and Enjoyed Recently

With the weather being not the best recently and there still being a lack of places to actually go to, I’ve  instead found comfort in getting lost in the other worlds of various movies and so I decided to create a blog post on the movies I've watched and enjoyed recently.



I’ve recently rediscovered my love for Will Ferrell and so had been searching him on Netflix to watch movies he was in. 

Step Brothers (2008)

“Brennan and Dale might be grown men, but that doesn’t stop a childish sibling rivalry from erupting after Brennan’s mom married Dales dad.”

I feel like this should be considered a classic Will Ferrell movie, it’s definitely one of the first ones to pop into my head whenever thinking about Ferrell. This is such a funny movie and the the casting of both of the step brother (Will Ferrell and John C. Reilly) was perfect.


Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga (2020)

“Two small-town singers chase their pop star dreams at a global music competition where high stakes, scheming rivals and onstage mishaps test their bond.”

I was pleasantly surprised by this film. Before watching it, I wasn't really too sure what to expect but it turned out to be a pretty fun film, filled with catchy songs and funny moments. I also thought the cast was brilliant.


Blades of Glory (2007)

“When a scandal strips them of their medals, two figure skaters get back in action through a loophole that allows them to compete as a pairs team.”

I watched this movie for the first time not too long ago and pretty much loved it right from the start. I laughed my way through the whole movie, it was so funny and the story-line was so random which added  further to it's charm. 


***


Both of the Mamma Mia movies were added to Netflix and I feel as though I've watched one or the other every day since. I love the Mamma Mia movies (and can never decide which is my favourite  - I feel like it's whatever one I'm watching at the time😄). They are such fun, feel-good movies (with a few tear-jerking moments thrown in for good measure!) plus, being a huge ABBA fan, I love singing along to all of the songs. 

Mamma Mia! (2008)

“On the Greek island of Kalokairi, a single mom goes into a tizzy when her bride-to-be daughter, Sophie, invites three of the mom’s ex-lovers to the wedding.”


Mamma Mia: Here We Go Again (2018) 

“Looking back at her free-spirited mother’s life and dancing towards her next chapter, Sophie throws open the doors of the new Hotel Bella Donna.”


***


Other movies I've watched recently and enjoyed:

We're The Millers (2013)

"David, a drug dealer, is forced by his boss to smuggle drugs from Mexico. He hires a stripper, a petty thief and a teenage neighbour and forms a fake family to help him smuggle the drugs."

I had forgotten how much I enjoyed this film until I rewatched it a few nights ago. It's such a funny movie with a brilliant cast that I feel work so well together.

Why Him? (2016)
"A holiday gathering threatens to go off the rails when Ned Fleming realizes that his daughter's Silicon Valley millionaire boyfriend is about to pop the question."
This is one of my favourite movies. It's so funny and also has a cast that I feel works really well for the roles they play.

 
The Truman Show (1998) 
"An insurance salesman is oblivious of the fact that his entire life is a TV show and his family members are mere actors. As he starts noticing things and uncovers the truth, he decides to escape."
Being a fan of Jim Carey, this was a movie I had wanted to watch for a number of years, so when it was put onto Netflix I watched it pretty much straight away. I really enjoyed the story and the whole idea behind it. Definitely worth a watch if you've never seen it before.


Shrek (2001)

“Shrek, an ogre, embarks on a journey with a donkey to rescue Princess Fiona from a vile lord and regain his swamp.”

Shrek has been on movie channels on TV the past two weekends and I  decided to watch it (both times). Prior to the first time watching it a couple of weeks ago, I hadn’t properly watched Shrek in a number of years and rewatching it just reminded me how much I love it. It’s a cinematic masterpiece (which I tell my brother every single time I see Shrek mentioned anywhere😄) and just an overall great movie. 


***


What movies have you watched and enjoyed recently?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts