Top 5: Favourite Songs To Play On Guitar

Something which I have recently gotten back into has been playing the guitar. 
Playing guitar is one of my all time favourite things to do however I often tend to not have as much time for it as I would like. I used to play a lot more when I was in high school as I had more time for it as well as the fact that I did music in school throughout my whole time at high school so I always had an excuse to be playing.

A couple of days ago, I dug out the first electric guitar I had owned which inspired me to play again. When I first tried to play though, it didn't go too well or sound all that great😄 I've found that learning new songs has been a good way to remember old favourites. That's where the inspiration behind this post came from. 

Here are my current top 5 favourite songs to play on the guitar.



1. Blackbird - The Beatles
I feel like this is probably a song that most people who play guitar learn at one point or another. This was amongst one of the first songs I learned to play all the way through on the guitar and it still remains my go-to song. Whenever I haven't played guitar for a while, this is usually the song I'll play first.

2. May You Never - John Martyn
I think I love this song as much as my brother hates it😄 - He's not the biggest fan of this song due to the amount of times I've played/practiced it as well as the fact that one year it was his most played song on Spotify (I use his Spotify since he has premium and I'm too cheap to get my own😄). But I think it's a great song to play.

3. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
In 2016 I went through a phase of absolutely loving Guns N' Roses. Before being able to play this song, I had never even imagined trying to attempt to learn this song but as my love for the band's music grew, so too did my desire to attempt to learn the iconic Sweet Child O' Mine riffs. I still haven't quite 100% mastered the solo, but I'm determined to get it one day.

4. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix
I still haven't learned every part of this song, but playing the majority of it is an achievement for me since I've got a bad habit of only learning/working out parts of songs😄.  A few years ago, one of my friends called me "the Jimi Hendrix of the group" and at that time I didn't even know how to play any Jimi Hendrix songs so it spurred me on to learn one.

5. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton
I mentioned this song in a previous post when talking about my top 5 acoustic song choices and, as I said in that post, I feel that this is such a beautiful song and one that I love to play and feel the emotion from.

Do you play any instruments?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts