The Book Tag

I've done a couple of tags on my blog now and I actually quite enjoy doing them. I really do love settling down, getting all comfy and cosy, with a good book to read. I've found various different book tags across the internet, so I decided to take some questions from each to answer here on my blog.

Favourite Genre
My favourite genre is probably Young Adult fiction but I also really like thriller/mystery novels.

Last Book Read
The last book I read was 'Eleanor and Park' by Rainbow Rowell. I had read it before but couldn't remember the story or all that happened in the book which was actually great because it was like reading a book I'd never read before and so I got to love the book all over again.

Currently Reading
I'm currently reading 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' by J.K Rowling. I love Harry Potter but I've still not finished the book series. I started reading the books in 2013 and then, by accident, ended up reading a book a year. So overall it's taken me seven years to finish this book series - had I not ended up being so determined to just read one book per year, this series would have definitely been read much sooner as I really enjoy the Harry Potter books.

Want To Read Next
I have so many books on my 'to read' listπŸ˜„. It really depends what I'm in the mood for after I finish the book I'm currently reading, but at the moment I'm thinking of reading 'The Boy At The Back of the Class' by Onjali Q. RaΓΊf.

Favourite Series
Not too long ago, I wrote a blog post on some good book series to read, but picking a favourite is quite difficult. It would probably be The Harry Potter series or The Hunger Games.

A Book With A Nice Front Cover
I know that age old saying "never judge a book by it's cover", but sometimes you can't help but be drawn to the coverπŸ˜„. One such book whose cover I was drawn to before reading what it was about is 'Half A World Away' by Gayle Mike. I saw this book in Tesco a few months ago and was initially drawn to it because of its front coverπŸ˜„.

A Book You've Re-read Many Times
There's so many books I love re-reading - in fact I've re-read most of the books I own, multiple times.  I think maybe the book I've read the most is probably 'My Sister Jodie' by Jacqueline Wilson. It's been one of my favourite books ever since I was younger.

A Book With A Film Adaption You Prefer
In general, I usually prefer books to their movies, however I think if I had to pick for this it would be 'Five Feet Apart' by Rachael Lippincott. I really enjoyed the book, but I think I preferred the film a little more; but I think this was more because I had seen the movie first before reading the book.

A Book You Hope Will Become A Movie
Last month, I re-read 'I'll Give You The Sun' by Jandy Nelson which I'd read, for the first time, a few years ago, and so had forgotten how much I loved it. I'd quite like to see a movie version of it. (Although I'd probably just end up comparing it to how I've pictured it in my headπŸ˜„). 

Favourite Classic Book
 Thanks to taking advanced higher English in high school and taking English classes for two years at university, I've read quite a few classics. I think my favourites are 'The Great Gatsby' by F. Scott Fitzgerald, 'Lord of the Flies' by William Golding and 'To Kill a Mockingbird' by Harper Lee.

A Book That You Felt Was Overhyped  
In my opinion, I felt that 'The Catcher in the Rye' by J.D Salinger was overhyped but that could be because I didn't fully understand the point of the story or the underlying themes so I'd definitely give it another read (I often feel that I gain more of an understanding of some books after I've re-read them). 
 
Favourite Book Quotes  
"If I cannot do great things, I can do small things in a great way." - 'Small Great Things' by Jodi Picoult. 
"It is easy to forget how full the world is of people, full to bursting, and each of them imaginable and consistently misimagined." - 'Paper Towns' by John Green
 "We do not remember days, we remember moments." - 'All The Bright Places' by Jennifer Niven
 

What are books that you enjoy reading that you would recommend? I'm always looking for new books to read (despite the fact I constantly have a pile of books I'd like to read
πŸ˜„).

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts