Firsts


I got the idea for this blog post from a video title on my YouTube recommended page and after having a brief skip through the video, I thought it could be quite fun to do for myself. I've picked ten random questions, not in any sort of order, to answer.



First movie I saw at the cinema - The first movie I ever saw at the cinema was Disney's 'Brother Bear' waaay back in 2003. I went with my mum and I remember feeling confused at the idea of going out to watch a movie instead of just sitting at home watching one. I loved not only the movie but the whole cinema experience itself and to this day I still get excited about going to the cinema.

First concert I went to - The first concert I went to was in 2014 and it was an Enrique Iglesias one. The only reason I had wanted to go (at the time) was because Demi Lovato was the supporting act and I had been obsessed with her music at the time and had really wanted to go see her live but she had no tours of her own so I went to this concert in order to see her live. She was amazing. Enrique himself was amazing too but I hadn't known many of his songs when I went - one of the good things about seeing him live thought was getting the chance to discover and listen to his music.

First music festival - I blogged about my first time going to a music festival. It was last year at the Glasgow Summer Sessions and it was brilliant. 

First book I read - For this, I was thinking more in terms of novels since I'm sure the first book I actually read would have been a children's picture book or something along those lines. The first full novel I read by myself was 'The Girafe and The Pelly and Me' by Roald Dahl. I haven't re-read that book for many years now so I can't even remember what it was about but it was a small novel and I loved it at the time. It allowed me to discover the magic of Roald Dahl books.

First holiday abroad - I can't actually remember my first ever holiday because I think I was about two years old at the time but the first place I ever went on holiday was to Majorca. It was just myself, my mum and my dad (my brother was just a possible idea at the time ...πŸ˜„). The first holiday I can remember was also one to Majorca. I was five years old and this one was my brother's first holiday.

First pet - My first pets had been Russian dwarf hamsters named Nibbles and Honey - technically Nibbles was my hamster and Honey was my brothers. We got them together because the pet shop employee said that they had to stay together. However, this proved to be rather disastrous as Nibbles turned out to be a little psycho and attacked Honey who became so scared that he hid inside his tube and refused to come out. In the end we returned Nibbles to a different pet shop as he turned out to be a pretty violent little dude and we wanted Honey to feel safe. With Nibbles gone, little Honey went on to live a rather long life for a hamster. Since then, I've had two more hamsters, two rabbits and seven guinea pigs (all at different times).

First job - I'm actually still currently working in my first job. I work at a local children's softplay which, as far as part-time weekend jobs go, isn't the worst. It's definitely had it's moments though, but overall I've had a pretty good experience there.

First car - I've also still got my first car. It's a Ford Fiesta and I love it. I don't know a whole lot about cars, but I think my little car is great. It needed some work done to it this year, but I think it just adds to the charm of the car. I didn't start driving lessons straight away when I turned 17 because I wanted to save for a car first so that when I passed my test, I'd have something to drive. Little story about my car - when I first bought it back in 2018, it smelled so bad - like wet dog - and in the summer heat it was actually disgusting so I had to buy a full new backseat. On some really hot days I swear I can still smell it despite the fact it's been cleaned numerous times and had those smell bomb things deployed as well as copious amounts of air fresherπŸ˜„. It's still a great car and I'm very lucky.

First mobile phone - My first mobile was a Samsung Genio Touch and I thought it was amazing when I first got it. I got it when I was about ten - that was the age when most of my friends were beginning to get their own phones. Mines could only be used for calls and texts (and to play The Sims for 3 minutes at a time - I refused to actually buy it on my phone so I stuck with playing the free 3 minute testerπŸ˜„) but that was all I really needed a phone for back then so it was perfect. Also, the back of the phone could come off and it came with different backings so you could make it look like a different phone every day if you wantedπŸ˜„

First holiday with friends - The first time I went on a holiday with my friends, we'd just finished out final year of high school and so decided to do the whole "Sixth year holiday". Instead of choosing to go abroad, we decided to keep it more local so that we could make a road trip out of it. We drove up to Aviemore, there was nine of us and we had split ourselves between two cars. While in Aviemore, we travelled around the area, going to places like Landmark and TreeZone. My favourite day was when we found a little river and decided to go swimming. Despite deciding not to go abroad, it was still one of the best holidays

So, those are a few of my 'firsts', I'd love to hear any of your answers to these questions.

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts