Top 5: Favourite Albums

I know that my last post was music related as well. I've recently finished a uni placement and started another so things have been pretty hectic there which is also why there has been a lack of posts. I've got so many drafts of posts I've started but not had the time to finish/haven't had the inspiration to finish yet, but I'll come to them whenever I get a free moment to. For now, this is a post that I've thought about writing for a little while so decided to just post it regardless of the fact that the last post was also about music😄

Music has always been such a large part of my life - as I'm sure is the case for many people. I love how certain songs can take you back to a specific time or place and make you relive  the emotions and feelings you felt at that time. I also love when you find a particular album where every song is good. There's many albums that I love and enjoy listening to but I feel sometimes with albums there is generally at least one song you would skip or not listen to as much as the rest of the album. Finding an album where you wouldn't skip a single song, in my experience, is often rare. There's artists that I love but whose albums I would still skip through songs to get to my favourites.

This post is dedicated to my top five favourite albums - the ones where I would listen to the whole thing through, not skipping any songs.

I dug out these CD's for the purposes of taking a picture for my blog and remembered one of my favourite things about CD's - the majority of them have the lyrics to every song in the album printed into the little booklet that makes up the front cover!


Let Go - Avril Lavigne
This has been one of my top favourite albums of all time ever since I was about 8 years old. I mentioned this album and a little backstory behind my love for it in another blog post but incase you're a new reader to my blog, I basically found out about Avril Lavigne by accident. I'd gotten a Bratz magazine and in it there was a poster of Avril. I didn't know who she was at the time but I thought she looked cool and I was always looking for more posters to hang up in my room. When my dad saw it, he said to me "I didn't know you were an Avril fan" and I must've just stared at him blankly and responded with "who?" so dad dug out his copy of the Let Go album (which I've now technically stolen off of him for myself as I kept it ever since he brought it out to show me😄) and played it through his sound system. I immediately loved it, especially because, at the time, her songs were so unlike anything I had listened to previously. I've been a fan ever since.
At the moment, my favourite songs from the album are 'Complicated' and 'Things I'll Never Say'.

Fearless - Taylor Swift
I feel like this album saw me through high school. Growing up, I had a CD player in my room (it was bright pink and I loved it😄) and from the ages of about thirteen to seventeen I used to listen to this album pretty much every night as I was going to sleep. My brother and I joke that whenever the album is played now that I'll just fall straight asleep - it's not entirely incorrect, whenever I'm travelling, like going on holiday, and I want to sleep, this is the album I'll put on and I usually do end up falling asleep while it plays. 
My favourite songs from the album (at the moment) are probably 'Fearless' and 'The Best Day'.

The Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
My dad has always been a huge Pink Floyd fan ever since he was a teenager. They're definitely his favourite band of all time and so throughout my life I've heard their music. Back in 2017, I went to see The Australian Pink Floyd Show (a Pink Floyd tribute band) and they were amazing. They created the look and feel of a real Pink Floyd concert through use of the same kinds of props, lighting and effects as the real band themselves would have used. They also sounded really good too, fairly close to the real deal. I feel that, for tribute bands, they can either be a hit or a miss but The Australian Pink Floyd are definitely worth seeing live. After going to this concert, I started listening to Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon album every day on the train on my way to uni.
My favourite songs on the album are 'Breathe' and 'Eclipse'.

Can't Be Tamed - Miley Cyrus
Miley Cyrus was a large part of my childhood. From her Hannah Montana days, I was pretty much instantly a fan and even more so when she started to release her own music. I enjoyed her Meet Miley Cyrus and Breakout albums but it was her Can't Be Tamed one that quickly became one of my favourites. I had gotten it on my Birthday they year it was released and that happened to be a year when my family and I were in France and so it became a CD we'd play in the car to listen to as we travelled. All of the songs bring back happy memories of that time which is probably another reason why it's made this list.
My favourite songs from the album include 'Forgiveness and Love' and 'Robot'.

Appetite for Destruction - Guns N' Roses
In 2016 I became obsessed with Guns N' Roses. I can't even fully remember the how or why of it, I think my dad had been showing me some stuff on YouTube and played the music video for 'Sweet Child O' Mine' - which had been the first time I'd ever actually seen what the people behind the music looked like - and then after that I watched some more of their music videos ('November Rain' and 'Estranged' are masterpieces. So much effort put into those music videos😄) and from there my love just grew. Their music helped me to rediscover my absolute love and joy of playing guitar - something which I had felt for a while I had lost around that time due to the demands of playing for music exams. Their Appetite for Destruction album was the bands' first one and it remains one of my top favourites. 
I think my favourite songs from this album are 'Sweet Child O' Mine' and 'Welcome To The Jungle' (basic, I know. But there's a reason these are generally well known songs!😄)



So, those are my top five favourite albums.
What are yours?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts