Top 5: Acoustic Songs You Should Listen To In Your Lifetime

A couple of years ago, I wrote a blog post on five songs you should listen to in your lifetime . I love music and I love to play guitar. Whenever I'm trying to find something to play or learn to play on guitar, I always look up acoustic songs (or acoustic versions of songs) and since I did that blog post on songs you could have a listen to, I thought I'd make a post on some acoustic songs you could have a listen to. I love hearing other people's song recommendations so here are five of my acoustic picks.



1. Hotel California - Eagles
I feel that this is perhaps a song many people will have listened to at one point or another, or maybe even just heard of. I think this is possibly the Eagles' most popular song and it's definitely worth the listen. It also has one of my favourite guitar solos (one which I have been trying to learn myself, but so far I haven't quite got it). The full song itself isn't solely acoustic but overall I'd say it still counts since the majority of the song is played on acoustic guitar😄.



2. More Than Words - Extreme
This song is one of my all time favourite acoustic songs, I just love it. I think its beautifully written and the harmonies from both Nuno Bettencourt and Gary Cherone are so lovely in the song. It's quite different from the usual music from this band as they were mainly known for their hard rock music. I enjoy their other songs too, but this one always sticks out to me and is one that I never get bored of hearing and will listen to every time it comes on.



3. Tears In heaven - Eric Clapton
Pre-warning - this is a sad song but it's also very beautiful and definitely worth a listen. Eric Clapton also happens to be one of my favourite guitarists and there are actually a number of his songs which could have been included in this list. I prefer the acoustic version of 'Tears In Heaven' to the non-acoustic because I feel it adds a whole other level to the song and more depth to the emotion behind it. 






4.  May You Never - John Martyn

A couple of years ago my dad taught me how to play it on guitar and for a while it was my go-to song whenever I found the time to play.  This is reason number one why my brother became sick of hearing the song. Another was because whenever I wanted to play along to it, I would do so from my brother's Spotify and for his 2018 Spotify round up his number one song was none other than May You Never - despite the fact that he, himself, never listened to the song from his Spotify😄. But it's a great acoustic song to have a listen to.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOi_wxypeGc


5. Patience - Guns N' Roses 
Guns N' Roses are definitely more known for their hard rock songs full of bass, drums and epic guitar solos whereas 'Patience' is pretty much the opposite of that. There's no drums or bass guitar, only various acoustic guitars. However, I'd say the solo is still pretty epic in it's own right. I'm a huge Guns N' Roses fan and 'Patience' is definitely one of my all time favourite acoustic songs.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc



It was really difficult to narrow this list down to just five songs and I suspect that in the future there will probably be a follow up of five more songs to listen to, but I'll leave it at this list for now😄.

Are there any acoustic songs you enjoy listening to?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts