Top 5: Memorable Christmas Gifts From Childhood


Since Christmas is now fast approaching, my brother and I had been talking about Christmases from when we were younger and that got us talking about our most memorable gifts from childhood. From this conversation, I got the idea to create this blog post by reminiscing on my most memorable gifts from childhood.





Nintendo DS Lite - this was the big ‘in’ games console when I was about 7/8. All my friends had one and I remember thinking they were so cool because there was two screens. I remember when I first asked my dad if I could have one and he jokingly drew a picture of another screen on a post-it note and stuck it on my gameboy. When I got one for Christmas, I was so excited about it and spent the full Christmas Day playing a Harry Potter game I’d gotten. I’ve still got the very same DS (and gameboy for that matter) to this day; I should probably check up on my Nintendogs .... 😄


LEGO - I feel like Lego was something I asked for almost every Christmas when I was younger - not just boxes of Lego bricks, but also specific houses or sets. Over my childhood, I accumulated a fair amount of different lego sets and boxes, and also created many different builds. Lego was definitely my favourite gift to receive when I was younger. It was such a huge part of Christmas Day, building houses throughout the day (in between playing with other stuff too) I kind of miss getting Lego for Christmas 😄


Tamagotchi - I think it must’ve been Christmas 06’ where I got a Tamagotchi. It was something that many people had been talking about that year and of course I was really excited to receive one on Christmas Day. I loved taking care of my little Tamagotchi pet and watching it grow old and sometimes have a little child of its own😄 I took it very seriously as if it was my actual child - always remembering to feed it and play with it. 


Princess Max - I’m not even too sure how to properly describe what a Princess Max is😄. It was basically a little virtual game device that had different games on it and it was shaped like a phone (kind of, I’ll add a picture so you can get a better idea😄) but I thought it was one of the best gifts ever! It was small and you could take it everywhere. I thought it was so cool and played it almost non-stop. 

I had the one in that colour. From the back you could pull out tiny stickers from a small compartment.


Bratz Babyz - I’ve never owned an actual Bratz doll, I had the tiny mini versions of the grown up Bratz but my favourite Bratz toy was the babyz. I remember getting two one Christmas - they were the ones that had the long hair that you could style - and I was obsessed with them. I can’t even fully remember why I loved them so much but I just thought they pretty cool and fun to play silly little games with. 
I had this exact one!

What are your most memorable gifts you've recieved over the years?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts