Two Year Blogiversary

Today it has been exactly two years since I published my first blog post here on my blog!

The very first time I attempted blogging was around 2015. I created a tumblr account and posted blog posts on that. However, I soon realised that Tumblr wasn't really the sort of platform for what I wanted to use it for or for the kind of content I wanted to create and so I kind of just let it fade out and used it to reblog other peoples pictures instead. 

In 2017, I decided to give blogging another go but I spent a little more time into looking further into the different platforms to create blogs. I finally settled on Google's 'Blogger' because I noticed that blogger/YouTuber Louise Pentland also used that for her blog😄. 

For me, blogging is just a side hobby in my life. It's not something that I'm thinking of ever making a living from (although I have so much admiration for the people who do manage to turn their blog into their living, it's just not something that I personally want to do ... at the moment - who knows what the future holds😄). 

I initially began my blog as a place to put out different thoughts on things and experiences that I could look back on as the years went by, as well as writing about various other little things. I  also just really enjoy writing and photography and I thought both of these skills would be put to use through having a blog.

When I created this blog, I was heading into my first year of university, which was something I had been very anxious about and I think I used blogging as a way to kind of escape from all the feelings. Thinking up blog posts on different things and writing them all out and taking photos gave me something else to focus on rather than the feelings of dread I had at the time about uni. Some blog posts were even about all of these feelings I had been having and writing them all out made me feel a little better - almost like writing in a diary of sorts. I then started writing about other life related things in the forms of 'Motivational Mondays' and 'Lets Talk' posts. Now, I can look back on those posts and see how far I've come since then, plus with the added bonus of knowing that they might have been able to help other people, even in the smallest of ways. 

I enjoy creating and posting blog posts whenever I can. I can't  quite believe I've actually managed to keep posting (albeit a little inconsistently😄) for the past two years and hopefully it'll be something I'll be able to keep at for a little while longer yet.

Thank you to everyone who takes the time to read my ramblings and all my little thoughts. Here's to more years to come!

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts