A Perfect Autumn Day

A couple of days ago, I awoke to sun streaming through the window and frost on the ground outside signalling the cold - my idea of perfect Autumnal weather. It was so lovely outside that I decided to go for a walk and that walk led me to thinking about what my idea of a perfect Autumn day would be like.


I live close to country roads and many different areas to explore which are always especially pretty and peaceful at this time of year. My perfect Autumn day would start with waking bright and early and going for a walk through little woodland areas. I love getting out when its early enough to still see the frost covering the ground. I used to be such a night owl but now I'm definitely preferring waking early to staying up late (is this what getting older is like???😄)
 



After a walk, I'd have my brother make me some iced coffee (I think his iced coffees are the best, in my biased opinion😄). Plus no matter how cold it gets outside, the iced coffee will still be my main go-to drink. I'd then watch a couple episodes of whatever shows I was into at that moment. Recently I've been loving Gilmore Girls and Heartland - I feel that they both have cozy Autumn vibes, perfect for this time of year.

In my perfect Autumn day, I'd save the afternoon for various activities including baking and crafting of things I'd seen on Pinterest. I've never really properly tried to be creative with baking because baking's not really something I've ever really gotten into however, after recently watching this years final of The Great British Bake Off I'd really love to have another go at baking different cakes and goods. Another thing I used to really love doing this time of year was working on making my own halloween decorations so I'd definitely include diy-ing decorations into my perfect Autumn day. 

Since it's Halloween time, I'd definitely try to do some pumpkin carving. I can only do one style of face on the pumpkins, but I still enjoy pumpkin carving anyway. Then I'd roast the seeds to make a snack.

By the evening time, I'd go for a warm bath. Since I have the attention span of a four year old at times, I like to take a book to read while I'm in the bath. - If you're looking for a spooky read this season, I recently finished reading 'Asylum' by Madeleine Roux and it's perfect for this time of year!

To round off the day, i'd settle myself into the living room, grab lots of blankets, make a hot chocolate and stick on some movies. I wrote a post last year about some good movies to watch in October so I'd probably try to watch a couple of them to end the day.

What's your idea of a perfect Autumn day?

Bye for now, xo 

Comments

Popular Posts