Current TV Favourites

So, at the time of writing this blog post, I’ve been ill for about the past three days. This has meant that I’ve spent more time than I’d have liked in my room watching TV to try and take my mind off of feeling rubbish😄.  During this time I’ve had a chance to catch up on some shows I had been watching and have decided to share my favourites here on my blog. 




The Office 
(Available to watch on Amazon Prime)
The Office has been a show that I had always wanted to watch because I’d always heard a lot about it and references were made from it/memes from the show were sent in conversations with friends but I had always worried that it wouldn’t live up to the hype. However, I’m now onto season three and I’ve been loving it! For me, it’s definitely lived up to its hype. The storylines are so random and funny and the actors playing each of the characters are such a perfect choice. It’s fast becoming one of my favourite shows. 


Brooklyn Nine-Nine
(Available to watch on Netflix)
This has been one of my all time favourite shows for quite a while now. I’ve loved it ever since it first aired here on E4. It’s very funny and the cast are brilliant. I also love that it often brings up serious life topics but still does so in a funny, lighter way and it works. I’ve been rewatching it all from the start on Netflix and it’s always my go to show whenever I’m getting ready in the mornings or before going out somewhere. 


Glee
(Available to watch on Netflix or Amazon Prime)
I remember when Glee first came on the TV back in 2009 but I never watched it at that time or really got into it if I ever glimpsed it on TV. However, I started watching it at the start of this year and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I had been going to. I’m not really sure what I had expected from this show before watching it, but it’s definitely better than what I had thought it was going to be. I like the singing and dancing; the plot lines and just the overall cheesiness of it all. 


American Horror Story: Apocalypse 
(Available to watch on Netflix)
This season of AHS finally became available to watch on Netflix recently. I felt like I had been waiting and looking forward to watching this season for ages😄. My brother and I watched most of this season in a day and loved it! I’ve always been a fan of American Horror Story, although I do agree that some seasons are better overall than others, however I still enjoy watching them all. I loved that Apocalypse included Murder House and Coven characters/storylines. I also loved the return of Jessica Lange - and of course a song from the amazing Stevie Nicks. 


The Great British Bake Off
(Tuesday nights at 8pm on channel 4)
I love that it’s finally Bake Off time again. For me, it makes me feel like we’re even closer to being properly in the cosy autumnal season (which I’m also really looking forward to!) I’m not really much of a baker myself, although it’s something I’d maybe like to try doing more of one day, but I enjoy watching other people bake and seeing all the creative ways they come up with when baking for the different challenges. It’s just such a feel good show for me. 

What shows have you been enjoying recently?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts