Things I Want To Do This Summer

Since I’m finally off for Summer and have about four months free there’s so much I want to try and do. I feel like every year I make a list of stuff I’d like to get done over Summer and then up never doing a lot of the stuff😄. So this year, in between working, these are some things I would like to do while I’ve got the time to do things:



  • Learn more songs on guitar and get back into playing - Because of uni work, I’ve had no time to just sit down, pick up a guitar and play. I recently watched the film ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’ and there are now so many Queen songs I’d like to try and learn. Plus I also want to try and remember all the other songs I used to play all the time. Playing guitar is one of my favourite things to do but often becomes something I dint have much time for during the uni months. So I’m looking forward to trying to learn new songs and get back into playing again. 


  • Read more books - A little while ago, I wrote a blog post about the books I wanted to read this year and what better time to try and work through the pile of books than during Summer. I’m hoping the weather gets really nice because I love when it’s sunny and warm and I can read a good book outside in the sunshine. I’m currently reading ‘Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince’. I’ve seen all of the Harry Potter films and love them so much. I started reading the books in 2013 and still haven’t read them all (I know I know, I’m sorry!) I love the books and I always forget how much I love them because I don’t like reading books in a series one after the other in case I get bored of the storyline, I like to keep it fresh😄. So maybe this year will be the year I read them all. (But let’s be real, I’ll probably end up waiting a couple more years to read the last book😄). 


  • Draw - Something that I also really enjoy doing whenever I have free time is draw (although I’m not the best at it😄). Hopefully now that it’s my Summer time, I’ll have more time to try and draw. 


  • Spend more time with friends - Since all of my closest friends and I attend different universities and work at different times, it’s really hard to find the time to all get together to hang out or go places. This Summer we’ve all decided that we’re going to make more of an effort to meet up and do things whenever we’re all off this Summer. I really hope that this is something we do because ever since we left high school, I’ve missed seeing them pretty much every day. 


  • Drive to more places - When I first passed my driving test last year, I as a really unconfident driver. I struggled to drive to new places or places that were a little further away. I slowly started to become a little more confident in driving near the end of last year/start of this year when I had to drive to placement almost every day. Driving to placement was something I had been really worried about doing at the start because it was in a place where I was really unfamiliar with but each time I went, I started to feel a little more to confident. I like driving and really want to keep building up my confidence by driving to even more new places. 


  • Go on holiday - This year I’m going to France with my family for the full month of July we’re going to the same place as last year because we loved it so much. I really hope that the weather is as good as last year and that I get to explore more little places in France itself. 


What are some of the things you’d like to do this Summer? 

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts