It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas!

One of my favourite things to do at Christmas is to decorate. I love putting up all the Christmas decorations and the tree. All the tinsel and the lights, making everywhere look as festive as possible. I especially love to decorate my room! I decorate my room every year with my own little tree, lots of lights and tinsel, snowglobes and various other things I've collected over the years.  I've had many of my baubles and tinsel and little decorations every since I was younger and over the years I've just added to my collection of decorations. 


I thought I'd share, on my blog, how I've decorated my room this year (the way I decorate my room is actually pretty much the same every year, only with some subtle differences). First off, we'll start with the tree. I've had my little tree ever since I was little, it used to be my dads when he was a young boy which I think is pretty cool - like he had the exact same Christmas tree in his room when he was younger as I do now! (getting off topic a little, sorry😄).



My Christmas tree sits on top of a box wrapped in Christmas paper. I did this for the first time last year because my room had just been done up. After my room had been redecorated I found I had no where to sit my tree as it used to sit on my desk. With the desk gone though, I had no where to sit it and I felt that it just looked too small sitting on the floor so I got one of the boxes that I had been storing some of my things in when my room was getting decorated and covered it in Christmas wrapping to make it more festive.

The lights on the tree are sort of old fashioned now but I love them so much more than the new LED types (like the ones around my bed). I love multicoloured lights and I feel that with the older style, the colours are so much prettier and christmassy-er than the newer ones. That's maybe just me though😄 I grew up with the older lights so they've always felt more christmassy to me. The problem with them, however, is that many of the bulbs have now gone out and I have no more to replace them and I haven't managed to find anywhere that sells them. The actual colour of the lights have also faded too so they're maybe not as vibrantly coloured as they used to be. I still love them though and I probably won't change them until I absolutely have to. I still think my little tree looks cute and festive. You'll also maybe notice that I don't really have a particular colour scheme or anything going on with my tree, I've got mismatched baubles that I've collected throughout the years and a random bit of silver tinsel running through the middle (quick fact - I haven't actually taken off the lights or the tinsel on my tree for quite a few years now because I always used to find those parts the most stressful so I just leave them on the tree, even when it gets put back up the loft. This means that when it comes to decorating I only need to put on the baubles😄). Speaking of baubles, here are some of my favourites:

 I painted this one at school when I was five.

 My Gran and Grandad gave me this one as a Christmas present when I was younger.

I love this one purely because it always used to remind me of the type of Christmas decorations Cindy Lou Who had on her Christmas tree in 'How The Grinch Stole Christmas'

In my room I've got, what I call, a "Christmas feature" which is basically a little area where I set up lots of different decorations. This is usually set up on top of my chest of drawers because theres a good bit of space there.





This is where most of my snow globes and ornaments go. I just think it all looks very cute, especially as these are items that I have collected ever since I was little.

Another place that I'll put snow globes, or mini decorations, is on my shelves.



I also wrap tinsel around the shelves and and some battery operated lights to make it look more festive (I'm not the best at arranging lights though, as you can see😄).

To complete my room decorations, I also hang lights anywhere I can. I've got a really long string which goes around the back of my bed and along the top of my window, wrapped around the curtain rail. I've also got another set of lights which i put along my window sill, they're colour changing which I love.



And that's my room at Christmas time! A mismatch of various different ornaments, coloured lights and tinsel😄

Do you decorate your room at Christmas time?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts