2018 in Review

I can't even really fully believe that today is the last day of 2018! January felt like it lasted forever and then the rest of the year went by in what felt like the blink of an eye. 



For my last blog post of the year, I thought I would basically do a highlight reel of some of my favourite things that' have happened this year or things that I've been proud of, so that I can end my year with happy and positive memories to take on into the new year.

2018 has been the year where I managed to pass my driving test first time and was also lucky to have saved up enough to buy my own first car! Driving has been something that I initially struggled with a lot. I was pretty scared to go out driving by myself and also became very discouraged easily whenever things didn't go too well when I was driving.  It meant that although I could drive, I hardly ever did unless I absolutely had to. I passed my test and got my car at the end of march and it actually wasn't until the end of September/ start of October where I finally started to feel more comfortable behind the wheel and was willingly independently driving about to places. What helped the most with this was starting my second year uni placement. I'm in uni to become a primary school teacher and so my second year placement was in a primary school which ended up being a 20minute drive away from my house. At first, I was convinced that I'd never be able to drive there by myself and went on numerous test drives there with my dad to get my confidence up. It wasn't until the night before I was due to start that I started to feel like I could do it. I managed to drive there and back and was so excited to get home and tell everyone more about my driving than my actual first day of placement😄. The week after I got my car, I officially started at my first ever part time job which was also pretty cool.

As I mentioned, I started my second year of university this year and it's been a lot better than last year for a number of different reasons. I think the main reason for this is that I've made a lot more new friends this year and i've actually found people that I can hang around with in between lectures whereas this time last year I was feeling lost and lonely thinking about uni because I hadn't found a great group of people to stick with. I hadn't even realised the full effect that having a good group of people to hang out with would have - this time last year I didn't want to go back for a second semester and had thoughts about dropping out whereas this year I'm more looking forward to going back (I'll still take as long a holiday as I can get though😄) The actual work in uni itself this year has also been more focused to my course whereas last year was more of an introductory type year to different courses. I'm also really enjoying my placement this year because I'm helping out in an actual primary school this year (I did really love last years placement too though!) 


This year has been pretty good for weather. Near the start of the year there was lots of snow which meant everyone in the family was home so we could go on long snowy walks which were lots of fun! Then at the beginning of Summer it was really sunny and warm and we all went and swam in a river which was lots of fun! We also went on lots of summery walks too which was actually pretty fun. I used to not really enjoy walking, but this year I was loving it!



This year, I also went on one of my most favourite family holidays ever to France. (I wrote three separate blogs posts about it which you can read here, here and here which just shows how much I loved it😄). It was just such a fun filled holiday with lots of lovely days out and foods to eat. The weather had also been amazing for the two weeks we were there which just added to it. It was just great to get away for a holiday this year. We usually go on a family holiday every year but we weren't able to go last year so going this year was just that little bit special plus the fact that we're all getting older so every and any family holiday is definitely to be treasured. 



2018, overall, has been a pretty good year. So many more little things have happened this year that have made it full of fun and love and laughter. Don't get me wrong, there have been not-so-great moments too, no year is perfect, but as a whole, things have been pretty good this year.

I hope you have all had a lovely year and are looking forward to seeing what 2019 will bring!

Until next year

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts