Travel Diaries: France

Hey everyone!

I haven’t blogged in a little while because I’ve been travelling around areas in France for the past two weeks and had no WiFi or internet service pretty much the full time. I did a lot while I was in France but I think it would be too much to talk about in the one post so I’ll split up my favourite days into separate blog posts and post about them throughout the week. 

This post will really just be about getting to France and settling in, I promise the other posts will be more exciting😄

I went to France with my family and we chose to drive there and get a ferry. It was about an eight house drive from Scotland to Portsmouth (I think it was maybe a bit longer because a whole part of the motorway was shut and the diversion took us down backroads with large trucks which wasn’t exactly fun). However, we made it to Portsmouth and survived the three hour crossing (even through the ferry breaking down for about 15 minutes). It then took us just over two hours to get to the little cottage we were staying in and then we were there, in France! We were staying near Normandy which is one of my dad’s favourite places ever. 

After we’d taken all of our stuff inside, we went to the shops to stock up on foods and drinks. We always buy waaaay too much on the first day, it’s like we get taken over by the frenzy of buying as many goodies as possible that we wouldn’t otherwise get at home. 

The next day we spent time getting to know the area and the towns that were near to us. We found a little spot in a place called Granville that had some remains left from the Second World War which was pretty cool to see. The little spot we were at also overlooked the sea and in the distance we could make see to the other side of where other towns were. A thing that I love about France is all the old fashioned looking churches and how they fit into the quaint little towns. 





France itself is a very beautiful country in many ways. A thing that I unexpectedly loved were the roundabouts, like the road roundabouts😄 I really wish I had taken pictures of them. They were so pretty and, at times, fancily decorated which is the complete opposite to what roundabouts look like back where I live. 

We also went for a walk around the little area we were staying at and saw lots of cute and quaint looking buildings and how pretty the countryside looked.



We tried to pack as much into this trip as possible and our list of things we wanted to do included going to the zoo, visiting Mont Saint Michel and going to a theme park amongst other things; all of which I’ll blog about.

Hope you’ve all been enjoying your summer so far!


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts