Winter Walks and Christmas Festivities

How is it now just a week until Christmas day? December is really flying past! I remember when I was little, December always felt like it dragged on, but as I've gotten older I've felt the opposite; December goes too fast and I'd like it to slow down so I can properly enjoy it!😄

I've been feeling rather festive recently. The first proper snow of the year fell not too long ago and a couple of days later, I decided to go out for a winter walk as the sun was shining. One of my favourite things about this time of year is going out for walk when its sunny outside but there's a chill in the air and snow or frost on the ground. Everything looked so pretty outside in the sunshine and the left over snow. It was nice to be amongst the countryside and walk along country roads and pass by fields with sheep. It was the perfect way to unwind over the weekend.





There's just something so lovely and peaceful about going out for a walk on days like that. The air feels crisp and fresh. The sun shines making everywhere bright and the frosty snow sparkle. I really hope Christmas day is like that, I'm always hoping for a whit Christmas but the chances of that happening are verrrrryy slim but I'm hoping that it's at least a little frosty.





As well as going on a long Winter walk, in the evening I went out to a Christmas market. I love Christmas markets and they definitely put me in such a festive mood and leave me feeling even more excited for Christmas. There were lots of different stalls and music was playing and it was just such a great atmosphere, plus being there with friends definitely added to joy and fun. There was Christmas lights and decorations everywhere and everyone around seemed to be in such high spirits. There was a big ferris wheel and lots of other little carnival-type rides too.



It was such a great, festive feeling day and I got to enjoy many of my favourite things all in the one day!

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts