Motivational Monday // Happiness


About a year ago I started to write my ‘happy thoughts of the day’ into a little book. I write down some things that happened that day that had made me feel really happy or some things that I felt proud of. The idea was originally so that if I had had a not-so-great day I could always look back in my book and remind myself that there’s so many reasons to be happy.

Today I’m happy for:
  • The fact that it is now December which means that I've already started putting up all my Christmas decorations and watching aaaall my favourite Christmas films and it's my most favourite time of year!
  •  Long bubble baths where I can just relax and forget about any stressful things. 
  • Those quiet moments in the day where I can curl up and read a good book or watch my favourite Netflix shows.
  •  The heated blanket I recently purchased for my bed (as someone who loves falling asleep in a warm bed, I'd highly recommend this! I'm loving it, especially as the weather outside starts to get colder).
  • The fact that it'll soon be the Christmas holiday's and I can spend more time with family and friends and put any uni work to the back of my mind for now.
Unfortunately life isn't always filled with happiness 100% of the time. Things happen or go wrong and there's always "those days" where everything bad seems to be happening at once; but things can and do get better and everyone deserves happiness. I know there’s times when you feel like you’ll never be happy again but trust me, you will! Writing down the things that make you happy may help to give you perspective on all those days where things just aren't going according to plan. 

What are some things you are happy for today?


Bye for now, xo 

Comments

Popular Posts