Five Christmas Movies To Watch This Holiday Season

As I'm sure everyone knows, I'm a huge movie lover, and Christmas movies are no exception! I'm sure everyone will have plenty to watch this holiday season, but just in case you were looking for some ideas, I've made a list of a few of my favourite Christmas movies to watch.


  • The Santa Clause (1994) - Every time I watch this film, it definitely puts me in the Christmas spirit!  It’s such a touching a light-hearted story. Tim Allen was the perfect choice of actor to play the dad-who-became-Santa-Claus. Tim really captured the heart of the film and had great on-screen chemistry with his on-screen son (played by Eric Lloyd). The storyline is really just lovely overall. 

  • Home Alone (1990) - I usually watch this film throughout November because I always see it as a “pre-Christmas” film purely because sometimes movie channels on tv play it throughout the year as well as in December. Macaulay Culkin is so brilliant in this film, little Kevin is so smart with all the traps he thinks up to protect his house. I love the slapstick comedy in this movie by Harry (Joe Pesci) and Marv (Daniel Stern). It’s just an overall great family film!

  • Elf (2003) - This is such a silly and fun film! Will Ferrell is hilarious in this movie. He plays Buddy the elf and I really think he captured more of what it’s like to be a kid at Christmas and to get excited over absolutely everything Christmas-related.“SANTAAAAAA” 

  • The Muppet Christmas Carol (1992) - I used to watch this on Christmas Day every year growing up because it would always be on the movie channel. This movie is a Muppets take on the classic Charles Dickens Story ‘A Christmas Carol’.  I’ve always been a fan of the Muppets but this film is definitely one of my Muppet favourites. I love the soundtrack for this film!

  • How The Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) - This is my absolute all time favourite Christmas film. I’m not joking when I say I know every single word of this film. I’ve watched this throughout the whole of December for as long as I can remember. My gran used to joke that I’d end up getting sick of it, but here I am 18 and still loving it just as much as I did when I was 5 years old! It’s just  such a great film in every way; from the actors to the story-line, to the set design to the music, I just love everything about it!



What movies do you like to watch at Christmas?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts