Christmas Favourites


Movies - My absolute number one favourite Christmas movie of all time has to be The Grinch (the one starring Jim Carrey and Taylor Momsen). I’ve watched this film throughout the full of every December since I can remember and my family and I always watch it together on Christmas Eve. I also love Elf and The Santa Clause and of course not forgetting Home Alone. I also have a soft spot for all the hallmark Christmas movies. On TV, Channel 5 always put these Christmas films on throughout the end of November into December practically every day and although they may not be the most top budget movies with the best actors, I still love watching them. They always put me in such a festive mood!



Music - In another blog post I shared my Christmas playlist, but I think my top five favourites would be:
  • ‘Do They Know It’s Christmas’ by Band Aid (the 1984 version)
  • ‘Where Are You Christmas?’ By Faith Hill
  • ‘Happy Xmas (War Is Over)’ by John Lennon
  • ‘Merry Christmas Everybody’ - by Slade 
  • Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’ - by Frank Sinatra 
My favourite Christmas songs change almost every single year so that's this years favourites😄


Books - I’ve got a book called ‘Classic Christmas Tales’ which I’ve had for as long as I can remember and it’s got lots of various Christmassy short stories. My favourite stories in the book are ‘Santa’s Weighty Problem’ by John Geering and ‘The Little Angel With Silver Hair’. They’re really stories aimed for younger kids, but I still love them.  I also used to love reading 'Starring Tracy Beaker' by Jacqueline Wilson near Christmas time since the story was set during Christmas time. I haven't read many Christmas novels as I've gotten older (mostly because I haven't really been able to find any I'd like to read) so any suggestions would be welcome.




Other -  I love having candles lit during this time of year especially all the festive scented ones. My favourite scented candles for Christmas time are the cinnamon and gingerbread scents. They're such cozy scents and definitely make it feel like Christmas. 

What are your festive favourites?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts