November Goals


Well, October flew past in what felt like the blink of an eye! I can’t quite believe it’s November already, it feels like it was only just the start of the year not too long ago! But since it is November, I thought I’d make a list of some of the goals that I hope to achieve throughout this month. I’m hoping that if I take note of them, I’ll actually be more determined to achieve them. 

  • Not letting shyness hold me back - I started university in September and that had been something I hadn’t fully been looking forward to due to the fact that I’m an extremely shy person. When beginning university I set myself the task of just talking to people, no matter what. I know that that's something which sounds like it should be fairly easy and in theory, yeah it is. But in practice, actually talking to people is quite a challenge for me at times but it’s something that I’ve managed to do not too terribly in uni. There have still been times however, where I’ve let shyness hold me back from things like group discussions/tasks or even just chatting to people and various other things in day-to-day life. So I really just want to try not let shyness hold me back from doing the things I want. 

  • Not worrying when things don’t go quite according to plan - over the last month, I’ve had to get trains to and from university. Sometimes trains get cancelled and I have to go to other stations and getting all panicky and flustered about it all. But this month, if something like that happens or if something just doesn't quite go the way I had planned, I just want to go with the flow and relax about it all because things always have a way of working out in the end anyway so there's really no point in getting worked up or flustered about it. 

  • Manage time better - I often have a bad habit of accidentally leaving everything until the last minute and so get more stressed because I’ll have a pile of work to do when I could’ve been getting things done much sooner. I really just want to stay on top of everything so I’ve always got time to do other any other things that I might perhaps want to do. 

  • Get back into playing guitar - playing guitar and writing songs is one of my favourite things to do but since I’ve had so many other things to do recently, I haven’t found the time I would've liked to play guitar. I’ve got a list of songs I want to attempt to learn (including to finish learning the full ‘Hotel California’ solo by The Eagles because I got halfway through learning and just forgot about going back to it). So this is just something I’d really like to be able to get back into this month. 

  • Spend time with friends and family as often as possible - with every one of my friends getting busier and busier, it’s hard to just all get together or set aside a night just to spend time with each other but this month I really want to focus more on trying to find the time to spend with friends. I also want to set aside evenings where I can just spend some time with my family because as I've gotten older, I've realised just how important family time is to me and it's something that I've probably just always taken for granted.

That’s just a few of my goals for this month. What are some of yours?



Bye for now, xo

(p.s - How pretty does the sky look in the picture! I took it a few days ago because the sky was just breathtaking, the picture really doesn't do it justice!) 

Comments

Popular Posts