Childhood Favourites


The other day I was sitting scrolling through social media (as usual) when I saw someone had tweeted about Jacqueline Wilson’s books and then I remembered when I went through a period, when I was younger, where every book I read was written by Jacqueline Wilson. Then that got me thinking about the kind of books and movies I used to love as a child. 
I put together a list of a few of my favourite things to read/watch/listen to when I was younger. 

Books | Growing up, I would always love to read. As I mentioned, when I was younger I was a huge Jacqueline Wilson fan. My favourite books of hers were My Sister Jodie, Clean Break, Double Act and The Diamond Girls. I’ve read each of these books more times than I can remember! I was also a giant fan of Roald Dahl. I went through a phase of collecting all the magazines and cards. My favourite Roald Dahl books were Matilda and George’s Marvellous Medicine. Roald Dahl’s book The Giraffe The Pelly and Me was the first novel I learned to read by myself. Other books that I loved when I was younger were all of the A Series of Unfortunate Events books by Lemony Snicket.




TV | I grew up during the days when Hannah Montana, Wizards of Waverley Place and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody were brand new shows. I used to watch Disney channel at my grans house before school. I also loved That’s So Raven and Lizzie McGuire. Another of my favourite all time favourite Disney shows was Boy Meets World, it was just such a feel good show with lots of important messages throughout. I’ve also always been a pretty big Doctor Who fan and the first episode I saw was back when Christopher Eccleston was the Doctor (but my favourite Doctor was David Tennant). 

Movies | Growing up I used to spend rainy Saturdays watching various Disney films on video (yup, video!!) My Favourite Disney films growing up were Hercules and Aladdin. I've still got all my Disney videos and we still have a video player! (although it hasn't been used in years now). Other movies that I loved to watch were A Cinderella Story, Cheaper by the Dozen and The Scooby Doo Movie. And of course not forgetting all the High School Musical  movies! I was six years old when the first High School Musical  film came out and I saw the third one in the cinema when it came out.


Music | When I was younger, Miley Cyrus was really just beginning to break out into the music scene thanks to Hannah Montana and when she released her first album ‘Meet Miley Cyrus’ I loved it. My favourite songs by Miley when I was younger were ‘I Miss you’, ‘Breakout’ and ‘Wake up America’. I also loved Selena Gomez’s music and got her album “Kiss and Tell” for my tenth Birthday. My favourite songs on that album were ‘I Won’t Apologise’, ‘Naturally’ and ‘Tell Me Something I Don’t Know’. Aside from Disney Stars songs, I also loved listening to ‘Knowing Me,Knowing You’ by ABBA, ‘Five Colours in Her Hair’ by Mcfly, ‘Year 3000’ by Busted and pretty much the full of Avril Lavigne’s “Let Go” album.




What are some of the things you enjoyed when you were younger?

Bye for now, xo


Comments

Popular Posts