Bonfire Night


Remember remember the fifth of November, it's officially bonfire night!

I went to a fireworks display last night and I'm going to another one tonight with my family. When I was younger, my family used to make a big thing out of bonfire night. All my relatives would come over and we'd have a barbecue (which looking back now is a little odd to have in the cold November!) but we'd have our food cooked on the barbecue and then my dad would light a proper fire outside and we'd toast marshmallows. Then we'd head out to a fireworks display which were always brilliant to watch. Afterwards, once we're back at home, we make hot chocolates and put those little marshmallows in it to warm ourselves back up after being put in the cold. Although I have to say, I do quite like being outside during the colder months, all wrapped up with a hat, scarf and gloves!

One year my brother and I spent the afternoon watching The Sound of Music before all the bonfire night festivities and ever since then, that movie has been considered our "Bonfire Night film" even although it has absolutely nothing to do with fireworks or bonfires whatsoever (but Julie Andrews and musical songs are an all-year-round type feeling anyway😄)

As soon as bonfire night is over, that can only mean one thing: Christmas will be just around the corner!

However you choose to spend bonfire night, I hope you all stay safe and wrapped up from the cold.

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts