Motivational Monday: Celebrating the Small Things

 The other night I was having a little look through my blog and reading back through old blog posts back from when I first began blogging. I started my blog back in 2017 after a couple failed attempts on other platforms. I had not long started university and my blog was something that really helped me in the beginning as I navigated a whole new chapter in life - a chapter that I hadn’t felt fully ready for. 


So many big changes were happening: I’d left the comfort of the routine of being in a high school that was a 15 minute walk from my house and of seeing the same people I’d seen almost every day for six years as well as my closest friends for a whole new experience of getting a train into a university in the city with a whole lot of strangers I didn’t know. I’ve spoken about my rocky start to university life and how lonely and sad I’d been in the beginning. 


As I was reading through old blog posts, all the feelings from that time came rushing back and I felt a pang of sympathy for my younger self but also a strong sense of pride. Pride in myself that despite a tough start I saw university through to the very end and found friends who I still see today as well as graduated with a first class honours! I honestly don’t think 18-year-old me would have believed it!


Not only did I get through university but I also completed my probation year for primary teaching and had a successful first interview. I’m currently an area cover primary teacher which is again something that’s out of my comfort zone because it means having to go and work in different schools with different people and getting used to each way of doing things and I’ve been trying my best with it all and I’m proud of myself. 


I think we often either forget to celebrate ourselves or we compare our lives to others that we end up missing out on our own personal achievements. At times we overlook our own personal achievements because they may seem small or insignificant. I’m proud of myself every time I try to talk to new people - something that may not be as big a deal to someone else. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a big deal to someone else though, it matters if it’s a big deal for you. 


This week, I’d love if we all could take pride in ourselves for something, anything, small or big! I feel it’s important to celebrate the small things as well as the big things. 


What’s something you’re proud of yourself for?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts