Books Read and Movies Watched in March 2021

 Ever since starting my fourth year uni placement, I had once again struggled to find the balance between working life and home life. The working side of things took over everything else - so much so that my mind still hadn't fully caught up to the fact that we are now into April, hence the reason this blog post is coming a little late😄. 

I've wanted to write a post every month about what I had read/watched during the month but as March became a busiest month I've had so far this year, I didn't read as many books or watch as many films which is why this post is a mash-up of the two!

Here are the books I read and the movies I watched in March:


BOOKS
Always and Forever, Lara Jean by Jenny Han
"Lara Jean is having the best senior year. She is head over heels in love with her boyfriend Peter; her dad is getting married and she'll be off to college. But change is looming on the horizon and unexpected news brings a change of plans and big decisions to Lara Jean's life. Now the girl who dreads change must rethink all her plans—but when your heart and your head are saying two different things, which one should you listen to?"
I really enjoyed the third and final book of the 'To All the Boys I've Loved Before' trilogy. I thought it all ended in such a nice way (which is something I always love in a series of books😄). All of the books in this trilogy were such fun, light reads.


Hero's Song by Edith Pattou
'Collun has always been happiest working in his garden. But his peaceful life is shattered when his sister, Nessa, mysteriously disappears. He sets off to find her and soon realizes that he and his traveling companions, including the feisty young archer Breo-Saight, have become involved in something much larger and more sinister than he had imagined.'
I used to take this book on holiday with me every year when I was younger but I hadn't re-read it in a number of years. I enjoyed it just as much now as I did when I was younger. The hero of this fantasy, adventure novel leads such a simple life as a gardener which I thought just made him such a sweet character overall - he didn't seek out fame or glory, and was only really on his quest because he knew he needed to save his sister. All his travelling companions are also great characters.


  • Holding Up The Universe by Jennifer Niven
"Everyone thinks they know Libby Strout. Once dubbed 'America's Fattest Teen', she is only seen for her weight. Not the girl underneath. Since her mum's death she's been picking up the pieces in private, alone with her heartbroken father. But now, Libby is ready. She's ready for high school, for new friends, for love and for every possibility life has to offer.
Everyone thinks they know Jack Masselin too.
Yes, he's got swagger, but he's also mastered the art of fitting in. What no one knows is that Jack has a secret: he can't recognise faces. Even his own brothers are strangers to him. He's the guy who can re-engineer and rebuild anything, but he can't understand what's going on with the inner workings of his own brain.
When Jack and Libby meet, they discover that the more time they spend together, the less alone they feel."
I feel like many people have mixed opinions on this book, but I really enjoyed it overall. Jennifer Niven is one of my favourite Young Adult authors and I enjoyed the storyline and characters within this book.


MOVIES
  • Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)
  • Independence Day (1996)
  • Nowhere Boy (2009)
  • Independence Day: Resurgence (2016)
  • X-Men: First Class (2011)
  • X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)
In the previous posts about monthly movies watched I'd written about my top 5, however, as I only watched six movies during March, I thought I'd just write about my favourite movie of the month which was the John Lennon biopic 'Nowhere Boy'. This movie chronicled the earlier years of the life of the famous musician John Lennon with the main focus on his relationships with his stern aunt, Mimi, who raise him, and is absent mother, Julia, who re-entered his life. It also followed the creation of his first band to his evolution into The Beatles. I really enjoy watching movie biopics of famous musicians of the past. I found it interesting to see  how John Lennon got started with everything and what his life had been like growing up to becoming a part  of one of the most successful bands in the world.

Have you or watched anything interesting recently?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts