Top 5: Movies For When You Need A Good Cry

I think we all need a good cry from time to time - or at least I find that I do😄.  I find that it relieves any big emotions I've been holding in or that have built up over time and crying is a great way to just let it all out of my system. 

Whenever I do feel like I could benefit from a good cry, I always watch the movies that I know will for sure set me off and I thought I'd share my top 5 go-to movies for whenever I need to get in my feels and have a moment.


The Notebook (2004)
At the start of last week, I woke up at 5am and couldn't get back to sleep so I decided to watch a movie. 'The Notebook' was one that I'd heard of but never seen and it had been on my watchlist for quite some time but I had never gotten around to watching it so I decided that 5 in the morning was the best time to give it a go😄. The plot follows the love story of Noah (Ryan Gosling), a passionate but poor man, and Allie (Rachel McAdams), a woman from a rich family, whose social differences threaten to get in the way. For some reason I thought I wasn't going to be too fussed about this movie - I think I thought it was going to be something that has been overhyped - but I was pleasantly surprised to have found that I enjoyed it (and was, of course, crying by the end!)

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)
So far no movie has ever gotten to me in the way that this movie has! I first watched it when I was younger, with very little idea as to what the story was about/the plot line and lets just say I was unprepared for the end of the movie! The plot follows rich city girl Leslie (AnnaSophia Robb) and poor country boy Jess (Josh Hutcherson) who create a magical fantasy land to escape reality. Despite the fact that this movie always leaves me a sobbing mess, I still love it and if I'm really in the mood to properly cry, this is always my number one go-to movie.

The Last Song (2010)
When I first watched this movie I was with my dad - someone who doesn't cry easily at movies - yet even he was teary-eyed by the end! The story follows the troubled ralationship between rebellious Ronnie (Miley Cyrus) and her father (Greg Kinnear) who begin to reconnect through their passion for music. I recently rewatched this movie with my brother (who cries at most movies anyway😄) and it got to me again!

The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)
I watched this for the first time last month and completely fell in love with the story. This story follows Zak (Zack Gottasgen), a man with down syndrome who has run away from his residential nursing home in order to pursue his dream of becoming a wrestler. Whilst on the run he meets outlaw Tyler (Shia LaBeouf) who becomes his friend and coach. I thought it was such a heartwarming story of friendship overall and it was mostly the sweet moments between the two lead actors that got the tears flowing.

Five Feet Apart (2019)
Parts of this movie made me ugly cry! I honestly wasn't even expecting too much from this movie - although I'm not even too sure why, I think I just completely pre-judged it based on nothing😄 - but was pleasantly surprised. This movie follows the life of Stella (Haley Lu Richardson), a cystic fibrosis patient whose life is full of routines and boundaries, and Will (Cole Sprouse) who arrives at the same hospital. The pair begin to fall in love but, due to the nature of their illness, must remain a safe distance at all times. The friendships within this movie are truly what makes it (and what makes it so heartbreaking)!

So, those are my top five go-to movies for whenever I really feel like letting it all out!
What movies do you stick on whenever you're needing a good cry?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts