Movies Watched in January 2021

 In my last blog post, I wrote about how I'm keeping track of all of the books I read throughout the year, and I'm also doing the same for all of the movies I watch throughout the year too. I love movies and ever since all of the lockdowns, my family and I watch a movie almost every night. And whenever I'm having a not-so-great day, I like to jump into bed and put on a movie.

It's not secret that I love movies. I love the way they can take your mind off things and make you feel so many different emotions throughout, plus a good movie soundtrack can really bring everything together.

I was interested to know how many movies I would watch throughout the year, so here's what I watched in January plus my top 5 favourites at the end.


  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 (2010)
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 (2011)
  • Holidate (2020)
  • Good Morning Vietnam (1987)
  • Anchorman (2004)
  • Anchorman 2 (2013)
  • Abduction (2011)
  • Why Him (2016) 
  • Zombieland (2009)
  • Step Brothers (2008) 
  • Death to 2020 (2020) 
  • Five Feet Apart (2019)  
  • Vampire Academy (2014)
  • We’re The Millers (2013)
  • Romeo + Juliet (1996)
  • Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981)
  • Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom (1984)
  • Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade(1989)
  • Another Cinderella Story (2008)
  • Mean Girls (2004)
  • Journey 2: The Mysterious Island (2012)
  • Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull (2008)
  • Die Hard With a Vengeance (1995)
  • Hook (1991)
  • Live Free or Die Hard (2007)
  • Scott Pilgrim vs the World (2010)
  • A Good Day to Die Hard (2013)
  • The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019) 
  • Misery (1990)
  • The Fundamentals of Caring (2016) 
  • Men In Black (1997)
  • Men In Black 2 (2002)
  • Men In Black 3 (2012)
  • LOL (2012)
  • National Treasure (2004)
  • Kick-Ass (2012)
  • Orphan (2009)
  • National Treasure 2 (2007)
  • Kick-Ass 2 (2013)
  • A Cinderella Story (2004)
  • 13 Going on 30 (2004)
  • The Three Musketeers (2011)

A Cinderella Story (2004)
"Routinely exploited by her wicked stepmother, the downtrodden Sam Montgomery is excited about the prospect of meeting her Internet beau at the school's Halloween dance."
A Cinderella Story remains one of my all time favourite movies and has been ever since I was younger. There's just something so nostalgic and comforting about it and it's my definite go-to movie whenever I'm not having the best of days or just want to relax or even just as something to stick on in the background while I get on with other things. I just love it.

Step Brothers (2008)
"Brennan Huff and Dale Doback have one thing in common: they are both lazy, unemployed leeches who still live with their parents. When Brennan's mother and Dale's father marry and move in together, it turns the overgrown boys' world upside down. Their insane rivalry and narcissism pull the new family apart, forcing them to work together to reunite their parents."
This is one of my absolute favourite comedy films. It stars Will Ferrell (who has become one of my favourite actors - I just find him funny and enjoy all of the movies he's in) and John C. Reilly and I felt that they were both perfect for their roles and for the type of movie this is. This movie also has so many movie lines that I quote randomly daily😄

Why Him? (2016)
"During the holidays, loving but overprotective dad, Ned, travels to California to visit his daughter Stephanie. While there, he meets his biggest nightmare: her well-meaning but socially awkward boyfriend, Laird. Even though Laird is a multimillionaire, Ned disapproves of his freewheeling attitude and unfiltered language. His panic level escalates even further when he learns of Laird plan to ask for Stephanie's hand in marriage."
This movie never fails to make me laugh. It's another of my favourite comedy films and I think the cast works brilliantly for the plot and the characters they play. There are so many lines in this movie that my family and I quote randomly. I also think Keegan-Michael Key's character is so great😄.

The Peanut Butter Falcon (2019)
"After running away from a residential nursing home to pursue his dream of becoming a pro wrestler, a man who has Down syndrome befriends an outlaw who becomes his coach and ally."
I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from this movie - especially as it was one that I wouldn't jump straight away to watch (it had actually been on my Netflix watchlist for over a year) but one night I decided to give it a go and I'm so glad I did. I loved this movie - the actors, the storyline, the setting - just everything. It was such a touching story of friendship and going beyond others expectations. It was just overall a really good movie and one I would definitely recommend.

The Fundamentals of Caring (2016)
"A writer retires after a personal tragedy and becomes a disabled teen's caregiver. When the two embark on an impromptu road trip, their ability to cope is tested as they start to understand the importance of hope and friendship."
This was another movie that I hadn't been entirely sure about before watching, but it starred Paul Rudd, Craig Roberts and Selena Gomez so after watching 'The Peanut Butter Falcon' and being pleasantly surprised, I decided to watch this. Again, I'm so glad I did! It was such a heartwarming movie with unexpected funny moments thrown in. I didn't end how I was expecting it to which is one of the things I loved about it!

What movies have you watched and loved this month?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts