Top 5: Favourite Albums of 2020

One of the good things to come from 2020, I felt, was all of the new music releases. I discovered new artists as well as getting some new music from a few of my favourite artists which I had been pretty excited about.

For today’s blog post, I thought I'd share my top five favourite albums that were released in 2020 and my top 3 favourite songs from each. 





‘Plastic Hearts’ by Miley Cyrus

I was so excited when I heard that Miley was releasing a new album this year. I’ve been a huge fan of her music ever since her Hannah Montana days and ‘Plastic Hearts’ did not disappoint. Miley’s ‘Can’t Be Tamed’ album is one of my favourites of all time but this one definitely comes a very close second. I genuinely loved every song on the album and I’m loving the style in which she’s currently singing - the 80s rock vibe really suits her voice and I wish she’d created more music in this style over the years. Overall a 10/10 album!

Top 3 Songs:

  1. Angels Like You
  2. High
  3. Hate Me



‘Folklore’ by Taylor Swift

Another artist who I have been a fan of for years is Taylor Swift (her ‘Fearless’ album is also one of my absolute favourites of all time). I loved that ‘Folklore’ was more stripped back than a few of her more recent albums and it felt a little more reminiscent of some of her earlier work - but more mature I felt. I thought the lyrics within many of the songs were so beautiful and I just loved the sound and feel of the album as a whole. I really hope more of her new music is like this album. Also looking forward to the re-releases of all her older songs. 

Top 3 Songs:

  1. exile
  2. cardigan
  3. betty 

'Evermore' by Taylor Swift

Another surprise album from Taylor Swift this year was her "sister album" to Folklore - Evermore. After seeing Taylor mention it on her Instagram the night before it was to be released, I was pretty excited about it considering how much I'd loved Folklore and this album didn't disappoint. I really love the style and feel of the music in her two most recent albums.

Top 3 Songs:

  1. no body, no crime
  2. gold rush
  3. cowboy like me

‘Only Child’ by Sasha Sloan

I discovered Sasha’s music this year through an Instagram ad (or maybe a promoted post on Instagram) and loved her music and style pretty much straight away - especially her style and the music on this album. It hasn't really been the type of music I'd find myself drawn to but there was just something different in the feel of this music and the lyrics/topics explored in the alum. I went through a period where I would wake up early in the morning and immediately listen to this album. 

Top 3 songs:

  1. House With No Mirrors
  2. Hypochondriac
  3. Is It Just Me?


Julie and the Phantoms: Season 1 Soundtrack
The Netflix original show 'Julie and the Phantoms' wasn't one I thought I'd watch but after seeing it pop up a few times on my Netflix recommended, as well as discovering it was directed by Kenny Ortega, I decided to give it a go when I had been looking for something new but not too long to watch. I loved it! The music was one of the highlights of the whole show and I was happy to see that it was on Spotify. The songs are so catchy and often get stuck in my head.
Top 3 Songs:  

  1.  Unsaid, Emily
  2. Edge of Great
  3. Now or Never


What's your favourite albums of 2020?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts