Current Netflix Favourites - December 2020

 One of my favourite things to blog about is the shows I've been watching and loving and, as it's been a while since I last did a post like this, I thought I'd share some of the things I've been watching and loving recently.

Merry Happy Whatever This was something I watched when it came out last year but decided to rewatch it again this year because I had enjoyed it so much. As it's set at Christmas time, it makes for perfect watching at this time of year. It centres on the close-knit Quinn family as they deal with different life-related events on the run up to Christmas day. I loved the casting for this show - ex Disney channel stars Ashley Tisdale and Bridgit Mendler were perfect in their roles. I was so disappointed to hear that this was cancelled after it's first season as I would have loved to have seen what the family within the show would get up to next. 


Dash & Lily This is another show which is set at Christmas time that came out just this year. The story is centred around cynical Dash and optimistic Lily who trade dares and dreams in a notebook that they pass back and forth to each other around New York city without having ever met each other. I loved the storyline because it's like a kind of scenario I'd daydream up in my head of something that would never actually happen in real life😄. This was a show that I hadn't even been planning to watch, it just popped up on my recommended and I decided to give it a go because it was set at Christmas time. It was so Christmassy and festive and I really enjoyed it.


Julie and the Phantoms This is a show I've just started watching. This was another that I hadn't really planned on watching but when I was listening to a playlist on Spotify, one of the songs from the show ('Unsaid Emily') came on and I loved it. Plus, when I found out it was directed by Kenny Ortega (director of movies such as High School Musical and Hocus Pocus) I knew I had to give it a go. The show focuses on teenager Julie who re-finds her passion for music after her mothers death by helping the phantoms, a trio of ghostly guys, become the band they never got to be. It's filled with catchy songs and I've been really enjoying it so far. 

 

New Girl - This has been my favourite show of the year. It's the one I watch every morning whenever I'm getting ready for the dat (to stay in my room in zoom lectures😄) and the show I'll put on whenever i'm in need of a cheer up or just something to stick on throughout the day. I absolutely love the cast, characters and storylines. I definitely feel that aspects of myself are very similar to characteristics of the characters Jess (Zooey Deschanel) and Nick (Jake Johnson)😄. It's just such a funny, feel-good show overall.


Shadowhunters Throughout this year, I've been working my way through the 'Mortal Instruments' book series by Cassandra Clare (finally onto the last book now!) and I've been loving it and so had decided to give the TV show a try. I'd seen the movie when it first came out and really enjoyed it and although the TV show isn't really like the movie in any way (other than the storyline of course), I've still been enjoying it. Currently just almost finished season 1.


DynastyI've been watching this show since it first started back in 2017 and have been watched season three on and off since it arrived on Netflix. For the first two seasons, Netflix aired an episode a week however the third season got put on all at the one time and I found it a little difficult to get back into knowing that I had so many episodes to watch but I've been getting back into it and have been enjoying the third season. Elizabeth Giles is perfect in her role as Fallon Carrington.


Is there anything you have been enjoying watching recently?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts