Concerts I Wish I Had Seen Live

One of the things I enjoy doing is watching concerts online, especially at the moment where going to an actual concert isn't possible. Whenever I'm doing uni work or just need some background noise, I'll often stick a concert on. I love listening to live versions of songs and hearing alternate versions of songs. Sometimes I  prefer just watching concerts from the comfort of my own home (you get the best view!πŸ˜„). However, I thought I would share some of the concerts I wish I could have actually been to see live.


Eagles - Live at the Capital Centre (1977)
I've recently rediscovered my love for the Eagles and so was browsing through live versions of their songs on YouTube when I stumbled across a full version of their 1977 concert held in the Capital Centre. I instantly loved this concert. They played 'Hotel California' first which I was initially a little surprised about - starting with their most popular song??? - however, upon looking further into the year in which this concert took place, I discovered that this wasn't too long after the  initial release of the 'Hotel California' album and so it wasn't one of their well known, most popular songs at that time. That itself amazed me: imagine being around in a time before a song became a huge, long-lasting hit. It made me wonder what songs of today will become iconic hits of the future and whether I've heard any being played live.

Live Aid (1985) 
 I think it would have been really cool to be apart of the audience at the Live Aid concert in 1985. The concert was held in order to raise funds for relief of the ongoing Ethiopian famine which was an issue at that time. So many amazing artists played at it from Sir Elton John, to David Bowie to Queen. I would have loved to have been at Wembley Stadium in 1985 watching Queen perform some of their hit songs. I watched the movie 'Bohemian Rhapsody' in which there is a scene where the actors are reenacting Queen's set and it's pretty accurate to the real thing.

Pink Floyd - The Wall Tour (1980) 
 Back in 2017, I saw The Australian Pink Floyd playing at the Hydro in Glasgow and I thought they were amazing - they are such a brilliant tribute band who have been recognised by David Gilmore himself. The Australian Pink Floyd recreate the look and feel of a real Pink Floyd concert from the music to the stage design/props. This is why I would have loved to have seen the real Pink Floyd live, especially while they were doing 'The Wall Tour'. This tour was known for its construction of a giant wall across the stage to convey a sense of alienation which was one of the main themes of the album - as the concert went on, the wall got larger.

Guns N' Roses - Live at the Ritz (1988)
I actually own this concert on DVD (along with the 1992 Tokyo concertπŸ˜„) and watched it almost every day in the Summer of 2016. There's something so classically "rock n' roll" about this concert from the stage set up to the music to the actual venue and I love it. They play songs from their first album 'Appetite For Destruction' which is one of my favourite albums so they are basically singing my favourite songs by them. I think this concert took place before they got bigger as a band, before they were selling out stadium tours. Another thing I love about this concert is that it had all of the original band members and I find it so cool watching them all perform live together. Also, Slash is one of my favourite guitarists and it always fascinates me how he changes up parts of the solos in each song so effortlessly.

Avril Lavigne - Try To Shut Me Up Tour (2002) 
Avril Lavigne's earlier music will forever be my favourite which is why I think it would have been amazing to have been to see her perform in her 'Try To Shut Me Up Tour'. She performs songs from her album 'Let Go' (another of my favourite albums of all time). It's such a pop-punk-rock filled tour which I love. I also love the fact that Avril's clothes consist of a tank top and baggy trousers - her OG Sk8r Boi look.

Miley Cyrus - Gypsy Heart Tour (2011)
To be honest, I would just really love to see Miley Cyrus perform live one dayπŸ˜„but if I had to choose another point in time to have seen her live, it would have been either during her 'Breakout' phase or her 'Can't Be Tamed' phase. For this blog post, I chose a concert from her 'Can't Be Tamed' phase as this album is another favourite of mines. She performs songs from that album as well as covers of other well known songs such as 'Smells Like Teen Spirit' (originally by Nirvana) and 'Landslide' (originally by Fleetwood Mac).

There are so many concerts that I wish I could have actually have seen live, but I thought I'd try to keep this post at a reasonable lengthπŸ˜„.

What are some concerts you wish you had been able to see live?

Bye for now, xo 

Comments

Popular Posts