Turning 21

Yesterday was my 21st Birthday!


I wasn't initially planning in writing a blog post for anything to do with my Birthday but this turned out to be a birthday I'd like to remember - you only turn 21 once after allπŸ˜„ 


In the morning, my brother and I went down for breakfast and I saw that my parents had decorated the living room with a balloon banner spalling out 'Happy Birthday' along with the balloons shaped like a 2 and a 1. There was also 21 other balloons all over the couch and floor too. This was the first unexpected surprise.


After breakfast, I opened presents from my family. From my parents I got a new camera with different lenses and various pieces of  camera equipment that I have no idea how to use yet (my dad also got me a users manual to help me learn how to use it all and I feel like Google and Youtube are also going to be very usefulπŸ˜„). I've always loved photography but only properly got into it last year so I'm looking forward to getting some nice shots and experimenting with my new camera.


The second unexpected surprise - and one of the highlights of the day - was when my friends showed up at my door with presents, cake and a 'HappyBirthday' banner. I was so shocked and amazed to open the door and see them all standing their. It was amazing. We got some cute pictures then sat outside the front of my house chatting and laughing. It was so lovely to see them on my Birthday. I had seen them on the Thursday before and that had been the first time we'd seen each other in over four months. I was still overjoyed to see them again (four months is way too long to go without seeing your best friends!πŸ˜„) so it was a great surprise and I loved that they pulled it off so well; I genuinely had no idea they were going to stop by and thought I was going to cry (happy tears of course) when I saw them.


After lunch, I went on visits to all of my grandparents which was really nice. I feel so lucky that the Covid-19 lockdown has eased up enough now that I could have these visits and see other people.


Back at home, my brother made me an iced coffee which contained some of the vanilla syrup he got me (I may be biased, but his iced coffees are the bestπŸ˜„).


For dinner, I ordered food from my favourite restaurant. They aren't allowing people to come and sit-in yet but very luckily they were doing a take out menu so we ordered so much food! We basically ended up with a little Italian food buffet and it was amazing. 


To round off the day, I chose one of my favourite movies - 'The Greatest Showman' - to watch with my family.




It may not have been the 21st Birthday I had initially been planning for, but it was still a brilliant day nonetheless. I'm so glad that I got to see my closest friends and spend a lovely day with family.

Here’s to 21! πŸ₯‚ 


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts