Favourite Disney+ Shows

Sometimes, when life starts to feel a little tough, the best thing you can do is curl up in bed and stick on your favourite kids shows just to take your mind to a happier place (at least this is something I do ðŸ˜„). There's something I find oddly comforting about watching shows aimed at kids and tweens, especially when it's shows I watched myself when I was that age. I really feel that most of my personality, when I was younger, came from so many Disney shows😄.

When I went to primary school, I used to go to my Gran and Grandads house before and after school and this was where I got my Disney Channel fix as we didn't have the Disney Channel in my house. Thanks to Disney+, I've been able to rewatch many of my favourite shows from when I was younger. I've been feeling a little anxious lately and so escaping into the worlds of Disney shows has been a great help. I thought I would list some of the shows, older and newer, that I have been loving recently.


Hannah Montana
"American teen sitcom which focuses on Miley Stewart, a teenager living a double life as an average schoolgirl by day and famous popstar by night, which she keeps a secret with only a few people knowing. The story follows the life of Miley, her best friends and her family."
 I have DVD's which contain episodes of the show but now because of Disney+ I can watch every episode right from the beginning. I loved it practically instantly from the moment it aired in 2006. As the years went by I managed to collect a great deal of 'Hannah Montana' merch including toys, games, books as well as the CD's of course😄. I think it was my absolute favourite Disney show. I loved the characters, cast, music and storylines. Every time I watch it, it always brings about many welcome laughs and fond childhood memories.

Wizards of Waverly Place
"American fantasy teen sitcom which follows the adventures of the Russo family. The family may appear to be ordinary with an average sub-shop, but behind closed doors, the three Russo siblings with magical abilities learn about magic in order to eventually compete in a competition to become the family wizard."
This show was another of my favourites when I was younger and remains a solid favourite today. I've been enjoying rewatching episodes and seeing a younger Selena Gomez delivering her iconic sarcastic lines and annoying her on-screen brothers.
 
The Suite Life of Zack and Cody
"American sitcom following the lives of Zack and Cody, identical twin brothers, who find their lives taking a hilarious turn when their mother starts working at one of Boston's finest hotels, the Tipton.
This show is the reason I grew up often wishing I lived in a hotel😄. I think the cast is brilliant and the storylines are so funny and amusing to watch. I used to watch the show every morning when I was younger because it was almost always on before school. I've been enjoying re-watching the show from the beginning - it's so funny seeing how young the Sprouse twins were at the beginning of this series.

That's So Raven
"American supernatural sitcom which follows the life of Raven Baxter,  a teenager who can foresee glimpses of the future. With the help of her friends, she tries to avert certain situations and ends up having hilarious misadventures."
This was a show which I used to watch everyday after school as that was when it was usually aired on TV. I think the lead character Raven is hilarious and her interactions with her best friends add to the charm of the show. I sometimes wish I could have a little glimpse into a possible future, but I think if this show taught me anything, it's that having visions of the future isn't always what it's cracked up to be😄. 

Boy Meets World
"American sitcom which chronicles the everyday events and life-lessons of Cory Matthews. With the help of true love Topanga, best friend Shawn and teacher Mr. Feeny, Cory juggles school, friends and romance. The series begins with Cory in grade school and follows him and his friends into their college years"
This show was out before my time and so I never actually saw it on the Disney Channel when it was airing on TV. A few years ago, when I fell down a YouTube hole, I somehow stumbled on clips from Boy Meets World and I loved it but had no way of watching full episodes. Pretty much as soon as I had access to Disney+, I searched to see if it had the episodes and it did! I was so excited to properly get stuck into this show and watch it all from the start. Since this show was initially aired in the early 90s, I'm loving watching the style of the show and seeing how different (yet in some ways similar) it is to the Disney shows which came after. I like that this show also tackles more serious topics in a lighthearted way without simply brushing over them and making everything in life seem perfect and simple.
 
Girl Meets World
"American sitcom which is centred around the life of a young teen girl, Riley Matthews, and her friends and family, particularly in her school life in which her father, Cory Matthews, is their history teacher. Riley shares a strong relationship with her best friend Maya Hart, who assists her in learning to cope with the social and personal issues of adolescence. Several Boy Meets World cast members reprise their roles in the series."
'Girl Meets World' is a follow-up show to 'Boy Meets World' and follows the life of Cory and Topanga's daughter. This show began once I had stopped watching Disney Channel but I had heard about it and after discovering 'Boy Meets World', I was interested to watch this show too. I love how they've brought back many of the beloved characters from 'Boy Meets World' and the fact that this show is not simply a reboot of the former show.
 
Liv and Maddie 
"American sitcom which follows the Rooney family and the lives of Liv, a popular television star whose show has just finished its run, and Maddie, an outstanding student and basketball star. Maddie's life turns chaotic when Liv, her twin sister, returns to high school."
Liv and Maddie is also a show which began just as I stopped watching Disney Channel but I used to catch glimpses of the show whenever I would channel surf trying to find something to watch. I had originally thought that this show starred actual twins rather than the one girl (Dove Cameron) playing both. I decided to give it a watch on Disney+ because of the fact that it stars Dove Cameron as I listen to and enjoy her music and have seen her in a few films in the past. I really enjoy this show and find it so amazing how it is just the one person playing the parts of both twins because it is fairly convincing and believable that there could be two of them.

Those are some of my favourite shows on Disney+ at the moment. What are some Disney shows you enjoy?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts