Travel Bucket List

Last year I spent the month of July in France with my family. We had the absolute best time while there so we had decided to do the same again this year. We were going to go back again this July and spend yet another month in France, however, because of the pandemic this is now not possible. Going back to France was something I had been looking forward to since our last trip came to an end so it's really disappointing to not be going back - but of course staying safe and keeping others safe by staying home is ultimately far more important. 

Instead of dwelling on being unable to travel this year, I've been on Pinterest imagining travelling to different places which gave me the idea to create a blog post of a few of the places I would love to visit in the future.




Munich, Germany
For a while now I've really wanted to visit Germany. My Dad's visited different areas of Germany and his favourite had been Munich. It looks like such a beautiful place to explore and see with all of the old buildings and gorgeous landscapes. I'd love to see and be in the Marienplatz (Munich's central square). I'd also love to go at Christmas time to experience the markets. Going to a German Christmas market in Germany itself is something which has been on my overall life bucket list for a long time.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Salzburg, Austria
From watching 'The Sound of Music' many times when I was younger, Salzburg in Austria has been near the top of my travel bucket list. There is a Sound of Music tour where you get to visit all of the filming locations and take in views of the Austrian Lake District and Mirabell Gardens as well as the Mondsee Cathedral. I'd also love to visit the Hohensalzburg Fortress because it looks like something from a fairytale. There are so many little picturesque streets that I'd love to explore and take pictures of.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


San Francisco, California
I've never been to anywhere in America but it's a place that I would love to visit - starting by traveling to San Francisco. I'd love to see the Golden Gate bridge and physically be there rather than simply seeing it in various movies and TV shows. Something I would absolutely love to do one day is go to the Golden gate bridge at sunrise or sunset because I think it looks so magical at those times of the day. Another thing which I would love to do is take a cable car ride through the city - I think that this would be a good way to sightsee and maybe find little spots to stop off and visit.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Skopelos, Greece
Ever since watching Mamma Mia! back when I was nine years old, I've always wanted to visit the place where it was filmed. The desire to travel here came back once again after watching Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again. I'd love to visit the beach/pier where some of the iconic song and dance sequences were filmed as well as the church of Agios Ioannis Kastri (the little church where the wedding scene was filmed). I'd love to go to the beach or for a boat ride round the island. There seems like there would be lots of little places to explore and walk around.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Warsaw, Poland
I feel like there could be a lot to see and do within Warsaw. There's various castles or museums, there's also the Palace of Culture and Science which looks amazing. All of the buildings and scenery of the areas in Warsaw look so pretty and picturesque. I'd love to go see the Hard Rock cafe, located in the heart of the city, the outside of the building looks amazing (plus I quite enjoy the food from the Hard Rock cafe here so the food would be a bonus too😄). I'm also a fan of visiting old towns, so Warsaw's old town would definitely be on my list of things to do while there.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Venice, Italy
I've been to Italy and have seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa and I loved it. Italy is so beautiful and I would love to visit Venice and experience a proper gondola boat ride through the city. From pictures, it looks like such an interesting place to explore and travel around. There's also lots of museums and cathedrals that I'd be interested in seeing. All of the buildings themselves look so pretty and colourful too.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Brighton, England
Somewhere that's a little closer to home than the other travel destinations on this list is Brighton. I'd love to spend a weekend away here and visit the pier and the lanes. I would really like to visit Brighton beach and take pictures at sunset or sunrise (since I love sunset/sunrise pictures on beaches). It seems like such a cute, cosy little place.
*Screenshot from Pinterest*


Paris, France
I've been to France a number of times in my life now but I've never properly been to Paris. I went to Disneyland Paris when I was nine (and I would love to go back again!) but that was the closest I've ever been to experiencing Paris. I want to do all the typical tourist things like visit the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre, the Notre Dame and the Arc De Triomphe. I'd also love to go to as many cute Parisian cafés as possible. In pictures, it look like such a beautiful city. It seems like a go-to place for art and culture.
*Screenshots from Pinterest*


What's on your travel bucket list?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts