Shows I'm Enjoying Right Now

With all this time to spend indoors, now is probably a good a time as any to have the excuse to watch all of the shows you would otherwise not have had the time for. I thought I'd put together a little list of a few of the main shows I've been enjoying recently and share them here on my blog.


A Series of Unfortunate Events (Netflix)
"The extraordinary Baudelaire orphans face trials, tribulations and the evil Count Olaf in their fateful quest to unlock long-held family secrets."
I wasn't too fussed about this show when it first came out. I watched the first four episodes and then pretty much forgot about it. It wasn't until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't been feeling too great and it popped up as recommended on my Netflix so I decided why not give it another go and I've been hooked ever since😄. I think I'd been comparing it too much to the 2004 movie version which starred Jim Carrey but from the fifth episode of the show onwards I've been really enjoying it. 

Heartland (Netflix)
"A multi-generational saga set in Alberta, Canada and centred on a family getting through life together in both happy and trying times.
This is a show that I don't watch for months or watch a season in a week - there's no in-between😄 I put it on in the background the other day while I was tidying my room but ended up spending most of the afternoon sitting on my bed watching episode after episode.

One Tree Hill (Amazon Prime)
"In a small North Carolina town, two estranged half brothers carry on very different lives. Basketball prodigy Nathan Scott has inherited the throne of high school popularity once held by his father while Lucas Scott, also a talented player, stays an outsider."
This show used to come on E4 every morning when I was in my first year of high school and I've been enjoyed rewatching it since I found out that it was on Amazon Prime. Since it was a show I usually just had on in the background, I don't really know many of the main plots which is actually great because it's like watching a whole new show with only some parts being vaguely familiar.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Netflix)
"Ray Holt, an eccentric commanding officer, and his diverse and quirky team of odd detectives solve crimes in Brooklyn, New York City."
Season six has finally arrived to Netflix! This is one of my all time favourite feel-good sitcoms. This is my go-to show whenever I'm looking for something funny and light-hearted to watch. It comes on E4 round about dinner time at the moment (E4 is a season ahead of Netflix though and I've not seen all of season six but still😄).


The Story Tracy Beaker (BBC iPlayer)
"Tracy is a kid growing up in a care home. She's loud, she's fiery and, somehow, she's always in trouble. But all she really wants is a home and a family to love."
This is show I used to love as a child growing up. It used to come on CBBC every morning before school. My brother and I recently rediscovered it thanks to the BBC iPlayer and we've been steadily making our way through every episode. It's been bringing back a lot of childhood nostalgia.

Disney+ Shows
Speaking of reliving childhood memories, I've been absolutely loving Disney+ for all of the Disney channel shows! I've been enjoying rewatching episodes of 'Hannah Montana', 'Wizards of Waverly Place', 'The Suite Life of Zack and Cody' and 'Boy Meets World'. Definitely takes me back to mornings before and afternoons after school spent at my Gran and Grandads house. It's been great having the chance to watch these again.

I've still got so many shows on my watchlists. I feel like there's always so many series' out there that I want to start but never had the time. Guess I've got some time for them now though😄

What have you been watching and enjoying recently?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts