Lunch Ideas

I’ve never made a food related blog post before so this is something new! Since being off uni, I’ve decided to try and be a little more creative with my lunches because my standard everyday lunch whenever I’m at work or uni is oatcakes with feta cheese and some grapes and cucumber circles (so exciting, I know😄). On the days where I’m home for lunch during the week I’m usually in myself and so I’ve had some time to have some different lunches from and I thought I’d share some of the ones I’ve been loving on my blog in case anyone’s looking for something new to try out (because I know I always am). 



Avocado and tuna on a toasted bagel
This is one of my favourite lunches at the moment! 
Ingredients: sesame seed bagel, avocado, tinned tuna and paprika or chilli flakes (optional)
I use tinned tuna in brine but I drain out as much of the brine as I can until until the tuna is pretty much dry. The bagel gets toasted and the avocado gets mashed up in a bowl. Once the bagels out of the toaster, I put the mashed avocado on first then some tuna and to add a little flavour I’ll sprinkle some paprika or chilli flakes onto the top. I think it tastes pretty good. 




Salmon salad

I’m really not much of a salad person if I’m honest but this is one that I actually quite enjoy eating. 
Ingredients: lettuce, salmon, cherry tomatoes, carrots, cucumber and feta cheese. 
I feel that there’s also a lot more I could add to make this a more interesting lunch food so I'll definitely be experimenting on this recipe.




Cheesy beans on toast
I feel like this is one that lots of people enjoy. It’s just such a classic food combination that could be eaten at any time of day really; breakfast, lunch or dinner.  I use lacto-free cheese because I’m lactose intolerant but it still tastes (I think) the exact same as regular cheese. I love putting cheese on things and would usually have so much more on the beans than is shown in this picture, but for aesthetic purposes, I only used a little (however, as soon as the photo was taken I piled on so much more cheese on top😄). I also use super-seeded bread because I prefer it to other types of bread.




Salmon and soft cheese bagel
Ingredients: Bagel, lacto-free soft spreading cheese, salmon, cucumber, paprika and carrot sticks (optional).
For this, I toast a bagel and then once it’s popped out I spread on lacto-free soft spreading cheese. Then salmon is added along with circles of chopped up cucumber and then a little sprinkling of paprika over it all. Carrot sticks are optional for the side😄 This is a lunch that my brother quite enjoys except he has it without the cucumber and paprika. 


I'm always looking for new foods and lunch ideas to try. What’s your go to lunch foods?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts