Second Year - University



Hello everyone! I know it’s been a while since my last blog post; I’ve been trying to get through studying for exams and finishing up any last uni pieces but now my last exam is over which means I’ve finished second year (hopefully, waiting on the exam results coming back, hoping I won’t have to resist any but I’m not feeling fully confident that I’ve done that well in them, but I’m hoping I managed to do enough to at least passπŸ˜…). But anyway, I’m trying to stay positive about it and really just hoping for the best. 

Last year I wrote a blog post on ‘surviving my first year of university’ and so I thought I would do an update for this year. I didn’t want to call this post “surviving second year” as I felt that this year was a lot less about just “surviving” and getting through it all and more focused on actually enjoying the course. This year has definitely been a lot better overall than last year and this has been due to making more friends this year and having people to hang out with between lectures. I hadn’t even fully realised just how much I needed people. I’m a very socially awkward and shy person and in first year it had been really difficult to find people who were actually on my course and to even make friends with people. Having people there definitely made a huge difference to the way I felt towards going to uni. 

Another reason why I felt this year was better overall was the fact that most of my time had been spent on placement doing what I’d actually like to be doing when I leave uni and less time in the actual university itself. I got very lucky with my placement this year and was in a lovely supportive school with great staff (for those who are new to my blog, I’m currently going to uni to study how to become a primary school teacher, so teaching children between the ages of 4 and 11). I learned so much from the experience and can only hope that next years placement is as good. 

Last year, when I first started university, I had honestly been so miserable and so out of my comfort zone and had genuinely felt that I’d be dropping out of uni. However, I’m glad I managed to stick it out. 

I know that everyone has different experiences with university/college when they leave school and it’s not for everyone. But it’s definitely not the only route to success in life, and you don’t need to go in order to get a good job or anything. It’s been something that I had personally wanted to do and I’m now glad to have went. 

I really hope that I make it to third year (my second last year of the course already!! Whaatttt?!?!??) and I hope that third year is just as good, if not even better, than this year has been. 

As much as I liked this year, I’m so so glad to now have four months offπŸ˜… there’s a lot I want to do this summer (in between workingπŸ˜‚) and I’ll write a blog post on it soon!

Hope you’re all doing well!

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts