Netflix Recommendations

Last year I wrote a post about my top 5 favourite Netflix shows so this year I thought I would share an updated recommendation* list:
*Five of the recommendations are the same as last year😄




The Vampire Diaries
"Trapped in adolescent bodies, feuding vampire brothers Stefan and Damon vie for the affection of captivating teenager Elena." 
This has become one of my all time favourite shows. I started and finished watching this show last year and I'm rewatching it all over again this year. I love the storylines along with the cast and the characters they portray. With the show lasting for 7 seasons, and over 20 episodes in each season (apart from the last one which has 16 episodes) I was a little worried that the plot would start to get lost along the way or become not as good towards the end, however I really enjoyed every season and definitely feel it's worth a watch.


The Originals
"The Mikaelsons move to New Orleans and form an alliance with local witches in an effort to rule the city once again in this 'Vampire Diaries' spinoff."
If you watch The Vampire Diaries you should definitely then go on to watch the spin-off show 'The Originals'. When I first starting watching it, I wasn't completely sold on it (probably because I had enjoyed 'The Vampire Diaries' so much and had grown attached to the characters within it). However, 'The Originals' very quickly became it's own show for me, almost unrelated to The Vampire Diaries in a sense. I feel the storylines got better and more engaging as the series' went on and I loved the finale.
I now want to watch the spin-off series of this spin-off which is called 'Legacies'.


Stranger Things
"When a young boy vanishes, a small town uncovers a mystery involving secret experiments, terrifying supernatural forces and one strange little girl."
I've loved 'Stranger Things' ever since it first came out and I can't wait for season 3 that's coming out this Summer! I feel like I've been waiting for the next season for ages since they didn't put out any last year. I watched the trailer for the third season recently and it looks just as great as both of the other seasons. what I've loved about 'Stranger Things' so far is that both seasons have been just as brilliant as one another (actually, I think I enjoyed season 2 just a little bit more) so I'm definitely looking forward to what season 3 will bring.


American Horror Story
"This twisted Emmy-winning drama plays upon the power of supernatural fears and everyday horrors, exploring humankind's unsettling capacity for evil."
This was the first show I started watching on Netflix because I'd always heard other people talking about it and was interested to see what it was all about and I was not disappointed. I loved this show for a number of reasons but I think one of my favourite things about it is that each series has a different storyline and different characters. I thought I'd find this strange at the start because I'd spend a series getting to know different characters and then the next season I'd have to start all over again but I love that each season is different. I also love that while each season is different, there are still often subtle (or not so subtle) links made between them.


The Haunting of Hill House
"Flashing between past and present, a fractured family confronts haunting memories of their old home and the terrifying events that drove them from it."
I watched the first season of this show almost as soon as it came out. I really love the horror genre in television and so I was really looking forward to this show when I heard about it. Each episode it told from the perspective of the different family members in the show which I thought was really interesting and gave more depth to the overall story and characters. Apparently the second season will feature a whole new storyline and characters, much like 'American Horror Story' however it may still feature Hill House which I think would be good.


You
"Obsessed with an aspiring writer, a charming bookstore manager goes to extreme measures to insert himself into her life."
I really enjoyed the first season of this psychological thriller show. It was dark and creepy but I was immediately sucked into the story to see how events would unfold. I quite liked the fact that the story was told mainly from the stalkers perspective for a change as most shows/films are always told from the sort of good-person character. I'm looking forward to seeing where this show will go in future seasons.


Riverdale
"While navigating the troubled waters of sex, romance, school and family, teen Archie and his gang become entangled in a dark Riverdale mysteries."
I feel that 'Riverdale' is one of those shows that people either love or hate (or love to hate).  I personally enjoy watching the show and enjoy the storylines in the different seasons and all the drama and mystery that surrounds each one.


Dynasty 
"The Carringtons and the Colbys feud for control over their fortune -- and their children -- in this updated reboot of the classic prime-time soap."
I initially started watching this show because Elizabeth gillies plays one of the main characters and I loved her when she starred as Jade West in 'Victorious' on Nickelodeon. She is amazing in this show (I always feel she's such an under-appreciated actress😄) and the rest of the cast are also brilliant as their various characters. There is so much drama in this show and I love it.


Pretty Little Liars 
"Lost without their missing leader, four formerly close high school friends band together when a blackmailer threatens to spill their dirt."
I was hooked to this show straight after the first episode. I loved that each episode and season left you guessing who the famous -A was. I felt that a lot of people lost interest in the show after the first few seasons but I enjoyed all the seasons and the way the story played out in the end. Personally, I feel that the finale could have provided a better ending, but it was still fun to watch how it all ended.
I really hope to watch the spin-off show 'The Perfectionists'.


Bates Motel
When his father dies, Norman Bates and his mother open a hotel. But Norman's precarious mental state drives them down a dark and violent path.
I've not finished this show yet, but I'd still recommend it if you like shows with darker themes and mysteries. I'm on season 3 and I think it's pretty good. It's maybe not one of my absolute favourites but the acting in it is brilliant and the storyline gets you hooked, wanting to watch on to find out more.



Shows I want to watch (whenever I've got the time):
The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Shadowhunters
The Order
The Umbrella Academy 
Teen Wolf

What are shows that you enjoy watching?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts