Ten Years Ago...

I was never the best at spellingπŸ˜„

When I was younger, I used to always make little fact sheets about myself so that I could compare whether I’d changed much throughout the year. The fact sheets weren’t made up of proper information like what I was doing at that time in my life or whatever; they consisted of things like my age, favourite movies/TV shows, books and songs, things like that. The other day I was giving my cupboard a proper clean out and came across one of my old notebooks and it just so happened to contain one such “fact sheet”. This was pretty cool to me because I thought I’d put all of my old notebooks up into the loft and so wasn’t expecting to find one now. The book I found also happened to be one that I wrote in when I was nine years old which is now exactly ten years ago (which is pretty crazy!) So for today's blog post, I thought I’d compare my answers from then and now and see what’s changed. 


So, according to my nine year old self, my favourite colour was pink, my favourite animal was a monkey and my favourite food was pizza. Nowadays, all of those favourites usually change quite often. Currently my favourite colour is probably purple, my favourite animal is a penguin and my favourite food is spaghetti bolognaise. 

My favourite movies when I was nine were Pirates of the CaribbeanHannah Montana The MovieHigh School Musical Three and A Cinderella Story
A Cinderella Story definitely remains one of my all time favourite films, it has a special place in my heart. But I think if someone were to actually ask me what my favourite films are now, I’d probably say The Breakfast Club, The Greatest Showman and Mrs. Doubtfire. 

My nine year old self’s favourite TV shows were The Suite Life of Zack and Cody,Hannah Montana and Wizards of Waverley Place. I have so many fond childhood memories of watching those TV shows at my grans house before and after school. Disney Channel was definitely a big part of my life when I was younger. As much as I’d still love those shows nowadays, my favourite TV shows are currently Young and Hungry, Scrubs, Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Vampire Diaries (which I’ve actually finally finished, and loved! And am now onto watching the spin off show The Originals). 

When I was nine, my favourite books were ‘Clean Break’, ‘Dustbin Baby’ and ‘My Sister Jodie’ all by Jacqueline Wilson (who was my absolute favourite author when I was younger). My current favourite books are ‘The Shining’ by Stephen King and ‘Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone’ by J.K Rowling (I never really got into the Harry Potter books until a couple of years ago, but I wish I had started reading them when I was nine so that I could have actually grown up reading the books). 

According to my nine year old self’s fact sheet, songs I liked were Love Story by Taylor Swift and all of Avril Lavigne’s songs. Ten years later, I still love all of Avril Lavigne’s songs so not much has changed thereπŸ˜„ My music taste has definitely expanded since I was nine and I could spend ages talking about all the different songs I love now. But if I had to pick top three favourite songs of the moment, I think they would be ‘Like Everybody Else’ by Lennon Stella, ‘Purple Rain’ by Prince and ‘May You Never’ by John Martyn. 


I’m definitely not the same person I was when I was nine years old, but I still love pretty much everything my little nine year old self did when she wrote that fact sheet. I just have some different favourites now that I’m nineteen. I wonder how much things will change by the time I’m twenty-nine. (That’s so weird to me that ten years ago I was 9 and ten years from now I’ll be 29!)

Have your favourites changed since ten years ago?

Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts