Why I Love Autumn


Autumn through to winter has to be my most favourite time of the whole year. The weather gets colder, the nights get longer; everything just starts to feel more cosy. As we are now heading into autumn, I’ve made a list of some of the many reasons why I love Autumn:

Halloween - As September draws to a close and October fast approaches there is really only one main thing on my mind: Halloween! I love any excuse to decorate and make things and I always feel that Halloween is one of the perfect times to do just that! I love carving pumpkins and watching Halloween themed films or horror movies. I also quite enjoy dressing up and getting creative when it comes to Halloween costumes.

Colder weather - Don’t get me wrong, I do enjoy my fair bit of warm weather, but my skin doesn't always like the warmer weather so I really much prefer when it starts to get colder. I love waking up to pink skies as the sun is rising and frost on the ground makings everything sparkle and look magical. The air always feels fresher when its colder, which brings me on to one of my other favourite things about Autumn:

Being outside - When I'm at university, I have a fair walk from the train station to any of the buildings on campus. When it's warm outside I always get too hot when walking whereas now that the weather is cooling down, it's much more pleasant to walk through the various streets. The cold air keeps me feeling cool.  It's always so refreshing being outside when the air is crisp. I also love an early evening walk, just when the suns just starting to set.

Cosy nights in - During the more summery months when the sun’s actually out, I always feel like I need to be out doing something so as to not miss the good weather. During the darker, colder months however, I can sit inside and just enjoy a good book without feeling the need to venture into the outdoors and there's something rather nice about just staying cuddled up inside with my favourite blanket and a good movie on, drinking some hot chocolate.

Going for long, candlelit baths - As it gets colder outside there’s nothing I love more than to jump into a nice hot bath at the end of the day and light lots of autumnal scented candles and just relax. Going for warm baths is especially enjoyable during this time of year as it warms you up and keeps you feeling cosy and it's nice to warm yourself up after enjoying the coldness of the day.

That magical Autumnal feeling - I love when the leaves start to turn shades of orange and red and fall off the trees so that everywhere you look is just covered with leaves. There's just something so comforting and cosy about Autumn and I love it. The arrival of Autumn always makes me realise that my other favourite time of the year will be fast approaching: Winter!



What’s your favourite things about Autumn?


Bye for now, xo

Comments

Popular Posts